Existing Member?

World Trip 2011

Road Trip

CANADA | Monday, 28 March 2011 | Views [745] | Comments [1]

So we headed out on the road after hastily packing the van who we call Astroboy, taking highway 1 towards our first destination.  A bright beautiful Tuesday afternoon in spring and we were looking for snow.  The drive to Hope was smooth and fast, the road to Kelowna short.  A little slower going to Vernon but not painful at all by the time we reached Silverstar.  Cold and hungry though we had a look around at the Bulldog Hotel, our chosen accommodation and the surrounding Village.  With a chairlift in sight of the front entrance to the hotel, it was looking promising for getting up the mountain in the morning with ease.  We prepared ourselves for the coming day by drinking some beer and eating some pretty tasty food...we were up not too early the next mornings and enjoyed one sunny day, one cloudy with snow day and another sunny day of riding.  The drive to Revelstoke was so worth it, although the drive back was a bit sketchy the mountain is way better.  Even without any new snow we were able to find powder through the trees and make the most of an already beautiful day.  Braving the Coquihalla was worth it.  Check it out.

Tags: mountain, revelstoke, riding, silverstar

Comments

1

Awesome video guys! Looks like you had perfect weather for Revelstoke, it makes me really want to get up there =)

  Robyn Apr 4, 2011 12:58 AM

About brettcooke

profile

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.