Existing Member?

World Trip 2011

Coffs to Sydney

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 3 March 2011 | Views [585]

So after a frantic week of cleaning our house and moving all our stuff into storage, we finally got moving on Friday afternoon. WE drove down to a spot called Wallabi Point which is near Old Bar. We had a surf in average waves in the afternoon then went to the pub for dinner then crashed out in the back of the car. After an uncomfortable sleep we awoke to 2-3ft clean lefts at Saltwater beach with no one out. We only had a short surf because we really wanted to get down to Sydney. We arrived at around 2 o'clock and went straight to our mate Sajad's house where we rang the wreckers to come and pick up the car. When the dodgy bloke finally arrived it was a sad occasion as we said our last goodbyes to the Suby. Watching it being driven up onto the trailer, knowing that it had seen its last surf trip was disappointing but the financial situation and condition of the car meant that it had only 1 destiny. Just out of interest, I asked the dodgy tow truck driver what lay ahead for my trusty Suby. All he said was "Cube", Your car = nothing car", in his thick Lebanese accent. Sad times indeed. He gave me $100 for it.CHECK THE VID LINK BELOW!

About brettcooke

profile

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.