Existing Member?

The BIG Trip

Cake Catastrophe

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 7 January 2012 | Views [803]

Today Laura had a big christening cake to make so that began early in the day. Everyone got up a little later than usual after a late night last night and relaxed with books/net/tv/NBA2k12/making cake decorations for a little while before Laura and Rawiri made us beans and eggs for brunch.

The initial cake dropped in the centre because of its own weight so there were ideas passed around of how best to attack the problem...Rawiri and Roni took the dogs out for a walk while Bray and Laura went to Tesco for fruit and potentially a bought cake to combine with/replace the droopy centred one.

On trial the replacement cake didn’t work out so Roni got into the kitchen and made a new cake with Laura. This one rose to massive heights and retained shape enough to be used and was definitely big enough to feed all it needed to!

While cake-rescue went on in the kitchen Rawiri and Bray fixed a leaky tire on the car before returning for  a game of Citadels while Laura relished a break from the kitchen – she’d been in there all day!

Roni made her first carbonara for dinner with help from Brayden – it turned out very tasty and we powered through it. While relaxing at the table after dinner Laura found (and pulled out) Rawiri’s first white hair, what a privilege to be there for such an auspicious occasion! Here’s hoping for many more ‘wisdom hairs’ for the 30 year olds – Joe, Rawiri and Brayden now!

By now the massive cake had cooled enough to begin the icing process which had its fair share of ‘eeek’ moments but was a success in the end! The boys then had the task of delivery while Laura showered and got de-icing-ed.

When the boys returned we celebrated a successful and constructive day with fruit & yoghurt while watching The Billy T Movie that Rawiri had got for Christmas. We all learnt some things and had a good laugh while doing so. After it finished Bray put some Remember the Titans on for old times sake before everyone retired to bed – apart from Bray who needed some NBA before bed.

About braynroni


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.