Existing Member?

Who Owns Yoga?

Who Owns Yoga?

INDIA | Monday, 3 August 2015 | Views [263] | Scholarship Entry

In 2014 I was given the unique opportunity to turn an idea I had into a documentary film for Al Jazeera's award-winning Correspondent series. I filmed in the UK, US and India, exploring how yoga was being commercialised and appropriated around the world as it gains in popularity. It was my first experience of documentary film-making and I was helped along the way by an outstanding director and producer who showed me the way. I learnt a tremendous deal and, as was to be expected, I got the documentary buzz. Now, that's all I want to do - tell compelling stories through beautiful pictures and sounds, taking viewers to places they can't even imagine, teaching them something they didn't know before.

My professional background is in television news. I have over ten years of industry experience as a writer, producer and editor. But after working on long-form content in the form of my documentary, I know I want to make more. I'm hungry for this, and given my background in the media, I can bring my skills to bear while learning new ones along the way.

This is a once in lifetime opportunity to work with Brian, a man I admire and respect. I hope to be like a sponge, taking in all I can and learning from him, while assisting him in any way possible. I hope to use the skills I acquire to make my own films, even setting up a production company in the not so distant future. I have a number of documentary ideas I have been working on for some time. Help me turn them into a reality.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About bhanub


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.