Existing Member?

Peace

DayDream

SYRIA | Friday, 9 May 2014 | Views [424] | Scholarship Entry

I'll never forget the day i got on the train to go to a rock concert in Damascus with my friends. I was in my first year in college. The trip was for four hours, it felt like ten minutes! I spent it talking to "Leen" my best friend picturing how it would be after graduating and how life would be.. Easy and fun because we're artists. going to each country making arts then a fine exhibit and the money we make will take us to the other country and so on. we'll travel the whole world and mix our own experience with the new country culture. It’s a very achieving an exciting idea I guess.. On that train we pictured ourselves in India doing Yoga, in Barcelona meeting people laughing in Brazil attending a carnaval... New language, new food, new feelings new souls that make you give different art that you usually make.
We finally made it to Damascus... Went to the concert had a very good time walked in the old city looked for a bar to have a drink. Most of the places were booked, but we found a very cozy pub, had a glass of wine… took a million picture. It was a lovely evening except of some fights with friends so we had no place to sleep… And not enough money to rent a room in a decent hotel.
We had to go to a very suspected hotel which only used by hockers to spent our night. The owner of the hotel gave us the worst look ever, we felt awful. Couldn’t sleep at all, the sheets were dirty. The good thing is we had a roof over our head and felt safe. The sun rose again. We were still dressed we packed everything and get down town i felt like I was visiting another planet. Damascus and Aleppo are both in the same country but yet too different. We explored the city. Talked to people in street like we were traveling outside the country "like we dreamt". We both thought of the same thing but it would be silly to talk about it. We didn't want to ruin the beauty of an innocent dream.
Our trip was over... We had to get back to Aleppo. We missed the train because of a yummy breakfast in old Damascus -it was worth it- so we took the bus. Which wasn't bad at all I don't remember saying a single word during the way back. all I had in mind were wonderful memories small details of rock, faces, places, sounds, tastes and smells. New things give you new meninges for life new ways of thinking. you feel you're developing, able to give and spread love. Travel is a gift. Being able to love and spread love is also a gift. After all life is about living and exploring, explore yourself!

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About bero


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Syria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.