Existing Member?

Forgotten Beauty

Ostrich Town

KENYA | Thursday, 21 May 2015 | Views [351] | Scholarship Entry

It's a town that I will live to forever love. As you approach it,you are welcomed with this cool breeze. The green trees along the road add beauty to the town. It is a small but developing town with an aim to be a 24 hour economy town. It has various attractive sites like Lake Nakuru, Nakuru national Park,Menengai crater and many more. As an aspiring enterprenuer Nakuru stands to be a perfect location for me,it is a busy town and there is good inflow and outflow of money. Its design or layout is perfect in that all social amenities are easily accessible. Travel costs,food costs and living costs are all affordable. My favorite spot is a place near Menengai crater. It's always said that when you have the best you may not see other best things around you. Many people focus much on the Crater but beside it,there is a bush,inside that bush there are 3 great n scaring caves! Scaring in that when you are in it you keep saying a silent prayer "please let nothing happen while am in here!" and great in that from far you may never know they exist and they are just amazing. Seeing is believing,and it is not a place to get lost because when you travel from Nairobi,there is an Ostrich waiting for you by the roadside(that is why i call it ostrich town). It says: WELCOME TO NAKURU COUNTY! Apart from that, I also experienced the four weather seasons and i loved the rains because even when it rained heaviest, movements never seemed to stop even a little. then came food, they have a variety i must say but my best was grilled roasted ostrich with spiced rice and roasted Irish potatoes...Yummy. i can never forget that meal. i can not finish without saying something about their local attire. i happened to dress up as on of them and i loved the colors and then the accessories and i must say for men who love a little more fresh air on the southern side of their bodies, that is the best attire for them. I still hold memories of this beautiful place in my head like it was just yesterday. I recommend people to visit Ostrich County because it has a lot to offer.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About beautiful-uganda

Sight of River Nile as the waters make thier way throug the hard rocks.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Kenya

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.