Existing Member?

My Scholarship entry - A 'place' I have visited Oh this, this is just my backyard.

Travel Photography Scholarship 2013 - Greenland

CANADA | Thursday, 4 July 2013 | Views [517]

Hello World! , is practically the first thing that I said coming out of the womb. Ever since I was a child I have always wanted to explore and discover this beautiful planet that we call home. So who am I? That is a pretty deep question, and I still don’t know, maybe one day I will. But for now I am a third year Finance and Accounting university student. So at this this point you might be wondering how a Finance student knows anything about photography, truth is professionally I have a lot to learn about everything really, and I am open to anything. But as a hobby, I love taking pictures. I am the younger sister who is always yelling and screaming at people if they mess up a shot. I guess you could say I am the Gordon Ramsey of photography. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and to me there is nothing more true than that statement.  Pictures help us paint a picture of a certain time and event, and when memories fade, pictures are wings that help our brain remember. As cheesy as that sounds, memories are what makes you, you.

 

  I am a proud Canadian who loves maple and hockey everything! I have lived all over the beautiful province of British Columbia, which is part of Western Canada for the Geography nuts out there like me. I am so privileged to live in this beautiful province and to have my breath taken away every time I look out my window, and I mean every time.  I have a deep appreciation and respect for nature and the fact that every leafy on every tree is different and unique, inspires me to took closer at all situations in life and know that there is always more than meets the eye.  I love taking pictures of natures, because in my opinion you will more or less always get a perfect shot, because nature will always be beautiful.  I am definitely a mountain girl and those huge lumps of rock are constant reminders to me how small we really are, and they honestly help keep me grounded and help me realize that there is a big world out there, and it would be a pleasure to uncover some of its many secrets. That being said human history hasn’t always been good to the earth, so I think it is up to my generation to fix the wrongs that have been done to it, and respect is the first step.

 

I like to keep things short and sweet, no dancing around bush with me, unless no one is watching.  I know I am not the greatest photography, and I know there are other people out there with greater stories and greater skills than I do, but one thing for sure is that I am passionate and if the whole world doesn’t believe in me, I will still believe in myself, and being a young woman, sometimes that is what you have to do to get through tough times. Pretty heavy stuff, eh? This opportunity would mean the world to me, developing and learning new skills would be the greatest thing for me and many other people around me. I have a habit of seeing the best in everything, and hopefully after gaining this experience I will be able to fully capture the beauty that I see in nature and have that memory with me forever.    

 

We are all stories in the end; I hope mine is a good one! (Yes, I am a Doctor Who fan).

Tags: canada, lakes, mountains, scholarship

About basanti13


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.