Existing Member?

...On A Journey... My Kind of Adventure

My Scholarship entry - My Kind of Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Saturday, 13 October 2012 | Views [2381] | Comments [69] | Scholarship Entry

Being adventurous folks, we couldn’t have found the theme more apt than ‘My kind of Adventure’. It was always in our thoughts to go out on a long bike-ride irrespective of the destination because we believed it was not so much of the destination but the journey itself that would offer us an invaluable experience, thrill coupled with unlimited joy capturing real essence of the country-side, people, food, culture, heritage that we are so proud to be a part of.

‘By2Coffee Films’ is our dream child under whose banner we have created 8 short-films. Couple of films has bagged consolation prizes while one was considered worth airing on a regional channel.

What started as a hobby and an exercise to fuel our passion has now grown to a stage where we are considering film-making to be a full-fledged career rather than an alternative career-path. We dream to be serious film-makers and we can go to any extent to chase our dreams!! And winning a scholarship would definitely mean a lot to us. It would obviously help us accelerate in realizing our dreams and would be a huge boost to our career in film-making. Being an out-door guys, traveling as part of film-making would be icing on the cake!!

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

Comments

1

Wonderful Travel film Folks. I could clearly see the effort in your work. I guess its more than 200 Kms travel for 3 mins film.. Nice...

  Sid Oct 14, 2012 2:23 AM

2

Hey Sid

Thanks for your comments.. Actually we travelled 3800 Kms (Bangalore --> ShivanaSamudra --> Thalakadu --> SomanathPur) in one day shooting and having wonderful time on a journey... Idea was to capture culture, food, people, places, heritage of this part of India. Two people, One day and unlimited fun..

  balemaneb2c Oct 14, 2012 8:51 PM

3

Folks posting the synopsis of the film

================================================================
A journey that was not thought; a journey that was not planned finally culminated with us travelling close to 400 Kms in a day with memories to cherish for a long time to come. It was just a day before we embarked on this road trip that we got to know about the competition organized by WorldNoMads.com. Rules were simple. At max two people (one role to be played by Film-maker and other a Presenter) have to bring out a 3-minute travel video.

We hardly had time to think through deeply about the concept and were not sure how we wanted to bring the video on screen since the submission date was too close to our comfort. Even on the day of the journey on Oct 2nd (Gandhi Jayanti day) just before we left early in the morning at 5, we were unsure of the idea and were thinking that this could literally mean 'our kind of adventure' if we successfully pull it off!! What we were sure though was the place(s) we intended to travel. They were Shivanasamudra to start with followed by Talakaadu and finally to conclude our journey with a visit to Somnathpura (tourist/heritage/scenic spots of south-east Karnataka, India ). The experience of going thru the whole process was truly amazing!!! In hindsight, it scares us even now to think how we managed to pull it off without having anything concrete in mind!! :)

Presenter/Narrator.............................Gururaj Bagli
Cinematography/Direction/Editing.......Bharath Balemane

Special thanks to Vishwesh Bhat for the wonderful music...
=============================================================

  balemaneb2c Oct 14, 2012 8:54 PM

4

Hmm...thorughly enjoyed being part of this. Want to correct the comment made by Bharath above. All in all we covered 380KM.

Route:
Bangalore -> Kanakpura -> Sathnur -> Malavalli -> Shivanasamudra -> Talakaadu -> T. Narsipura -> Somanathpura -> Malavalli -> Maddur -> Ramnagara -> Bangalore

  Gururaj Oct 14, 2012 9:12 PM

5

Hey Sid... Sorry its 380 Kms :-)

  balemaneb2c Oct 14, 2012 9:17 PM

6

One classic travel film, few shots were exptemely good, music is soul for this which carries the audience through the journey and film has done it's best in showing up our local culture,people,food...

  Shridhar Reddy Oct 14, 2012 9:20 PM

7

wonderful short film, I admire the passion and energy which is behind this work. But in my opinion which might be wrong , this could have been better if you had enjoyed the journey rather than making it kind of spiritual journey (I felt so ). If you had more scenes of interacting with the people, or by narrating the history of the monuments (for people outside k'taka taht would be helpful). I understand you had to make a very short movie . But overall kudos to the team ! Wish you all the best..

  Wellwisher Oct 14, 2012 9:24 PM

8

Thanks much Shridhar for your comments

@wellwisher - Appreciate your comments. We just wanted to make a typical travel film - interacting with ppl, talking about place etc - when we first got to know about this scholarship and finalised the place of our trip. Then we thought "Lets do something different. Lets make a travel film and not just a video; lets have a story of a transformation. Lets narrate a story of a person with stressful life and his voyage to find himself, find peace, find his people" Then we revised our initial thought and adopted different style, narration and music to match the scenes" and the result is this film :)

we will definitely come back with documentaries with a stories of great places of Karnataka whenever we get opportunity..

Thanks for your wishes :)

  balemaneb2c Oct 14, 2012 10:48 PM

9

Lets narrate a story of a person with stressful life and his voyage to find himself, find peace, find his LIFE

** sorry for the typo

  balemaneb2c Oct 14, 2012 10:50 PM

10

yup I agree, its a wonderful short film and there is no doubt. What I felt was when you are competing with international film makers, it has to be understood by one and all. I have a feeling if you are not from India and specifically from Bangalore its hard to relate with the feel of the film. Again, its solely my view and I can be horribly wrong .

  Wellwisher Oct 15, 2012 2:09 AM

11

U jus made the film tat i always dremed of this concept of finding life in a journey ... I jus saw wat i always wanted to thru places nature ride water air ... Man hatss off to show me ... Wat a man of dreams always wanted to see ... Thanks fr making this ...
Everythin in this right frm the beginning made me jus so engrossed in the movie it was not 3 min movie bt then it was journey of a lifetime

  Nimesh Oct 15, 2012 2:10 AM

12

@ Wellwisher.. Well as it's your personal views I respect them completely, but as we are not glorifying any places here and we are just telling a story of a person on a road trip, I think it should connect to any keen traveller. That's the reason we did not really concentrate on the destination. Destination can be anywhere in the world. Even I have travelled to those places first time as part of this project. We are saying "we believe it was not so much of the destination but the journey itself that would offer us an invaluable experience" :) Anyways good to know ur views :)

Hey Nimesh.. Good to see that this concept could connect to you :)

  balemaneb2c Oct 15, 2012 2:40 AM

13

I just loved the location,cinematography,music,acting.overall this is the best travel movie i have ever seen in my life. Thank you for the great movie.:)

  Shruti Oct 15, 2012 3:11 AM

14

Wonderful short film with great concept. Cinematography was awesome. Hard work and dedication is seen :) Narration and Background music is too good.... Overall a Wonderful attempt :)

  Indira Oct 15, 2012 3:29 AM

15

It has come out really nice...its true that travel transforms us, brings out the real being from within... Traveling 380Kms in a day along with shooting itself a great achievement... it would be great, if you can share the challenges faced during the making...

  Amarnath Oct 15, 2012 1:10 PM

16

I had loved the Bajaj Avenger ad "I Forgive them all" ...and this travel film reminded me that...love this one too....good concept and life has been aptly encapsulated in this travel of 3 mins...Great effort...best wishes for the competition...:)

  Chandini Oct 15, 2012 2:33 PM

17

Hey Buddy,

First of all congratulations….. I was just browsing through the submissions and stumbled upon this film…. Glad to watch such a wonderful film made by u man… I am an avid traveller and have travelled more than 20 countries so far.... I always believed that journey leads to inner transformation... You’ve aptly portrayed it in 3 mins... Wonderful effort... Hope to meet you when I visit your country... I would like to visit those places in your film. I will send my details to you in a seperate email. Thanks for such an awakening film buddy... I wanna take more such travels :)
..........................................................................................................
I shall spread this film it to my traveller circuit!!!

Cheers
Alex

  Alex DJ Oct 15, 2012 5:48 PM

18

Very thankful to you guys to made such a wonderful video. Nice concept and good work.

  Mahesh Oct 15, 2012 8:27 PM

19

Superb!! its nicly presented.. all the best guru and team..

  Vasanth Oct 15, 2012 8:32 PM

20

great work..... man real loving the way it is presented , dedication , narration .Love it .

This is called "I" , My defin ation.

  SUBHASISH PANDA Oct 15, 2012 8:37 PM

21

To begin off, loved the way normal life was being presented on a compelling canvas, special mention to the cinematographer for the wonderful frames on somnathpura and shivanasamudra. Couldnt think of a better score for the theme. All in all, a great effort. Congrats guru and team.

  Ram Oct 15, 2012 8:44 PM

22

Good short film.... Good acting Guru and also Cinematography, but film mainly scores alot in music(its too good)... Now i am thinking to start travelling to all these places after watching this film :)

Good luck for the competition.

  Thanga Oct 15, 2012 8:47 PM

23

Great job!!

Planned journey will hardly give you any surprise whereas an unplanned can be full of serendipitous memories. I don't know much about filming, to speak about the technical aspects of it. However, I can understand the efforts you have put across to make this film. On the whole, its a nice short film with good concept and nice background score.

Congratulations and all the very best for your future projects.:)

  Traveller Oct 15, 2012 8:50 PM

24

Its nicely presented with very good background music. Shorty its awesome :) All the best Guru.

  Rakesh KRishnan Oct 15, 2012 8:59 PM

25

It's a Beautiful travel experience and I must admit that travel path or location chosen for the video is in line with the message of the movie. (and this is one of my favorite destinations too )
Starting with the good things on movie - it’s exciting and while watching this short film, I always felt what's coming next on this journey on road. Secondly, I liked the shoots of the travel on bike... its smoothly going along the journey. The shoots with the farmer (with bullock cart) and temple are nice. About some suggestions – maybe the movie could have started with the busy life in city or some glimpses of life that one wants to go away from.
But overall, it’s amusing to watch the travel film and I wish all the best to the team.

  Hemant Oct 15, 2012 9:20 PM

26

Great short film, nice way of escaping from a monotonous life at least for a while, the short film gives motiv, inspiration to go somewhere and escape daily routine for a day or two. Brilliant take

  Aditya Maddula Oct 15, 2012 9:21 PM

27

Excellent Job Guru and Team. Travelling close to 400KM's and presenting the information in 3 Minutes is an Awesome job. All the Best Guru and Team.

  Marella Oct 15, 2012 9:35 PM

28

Guys, its a good team effort. Specially concept and editing are the highlights of this video. It has got some good shots(ex: capturing full view of water falls, and inside the temple. One more interesting is, this concept covered a person's day from sunrise to sunset, from catching fishes during day time where as evening cattle back to home. I like to say a small change here, but I think the video has posted already, anyway no issues, let me air my opinion, the shots that narrates "I want to be with the AIR" in those one shot where the presenter will be sitting relax and the background has the flavor of wind and movement of trees can be moved couple of shots back, Its just an realignment of 2, 3 shots about AIR can be more apt with the narration. Thats it about the video, looking for more from your team.... Once again I like to congratulate Gururaj, Bharath and Vishwesh for a fantabulous work. Good show!!. Wish you all rise!!...

  Shanmukha(Shannu) Oct 15, 2012 11:09 PM

29

Congratulations Guys!!
Usually it is very tricky to tell such a kind of story within short span of time and you guys were creative enough to present this to us with a pleasant music…

"Life is more..." is something that came to my mind after watching this wonderful execution... now i think it's time for me to find my own life...apart from the ordinary life that i live today!!

Thank you guys for inspiring me... and I Wish you All the Very Best….

  Rajesh Oct 16, 2012 12:49 AM

30

Its pleasure watching this short film.. I have enjoyed it. Great work guys, nicely portrayed your 400 kms jurney in 3 mins short film..with fabulous music. Loved it.

  Nagendra Lakki Oct 16, 2012 1:33 AM

31

wow - that was seriously beautiful!

  jamieoliveira Oct 16, 2012 2:22 AM

32

This work is awesome :) loved the music & camera work .... crisp editing too...keep going folks...

  Aditya Oct 16, 2012 4:25 AM

33

Good work Bharath! Beautiful shots, great feel and mesmerizing music.
All the best!

  Shamil Oct 16, 2012 4:00 PM

34

"Remember that happiness is a way of Travel. Not a Destination" - Roy M Goodman

Wonderful to see so many inspiring comments. Thanks a lot folks. This is highly encouraging. We shall definitely take up more such travel films in future :)

@ Amaranath -15 - I will definitely write the making of the film. Im excited to write it

@ Alex DJ - 17 - Are you the same Alex from BT (UK) who used to take a monthly off to explore new country per year? Wonderful to know that you could connect to the concept

@ Traveller - 23 - I completely agree with you if it was a planned trip then Im not sure we would had got this end product

@ Shanmukha - 25 - I take your points. Its valid

@ Rajesh - 29 - Wonderful to know that our film inspired you..

Thanks a lot all

  balemaneb2c Oct 16, 2012 4:04 PM

35

For the benifit of teh viewers..

Places Visited
1. Shivanasamudra - Water Falls - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shivanasamudra_Falls
2. Thalakaadu - Temples, Historical Place - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talakad
3. Somanathpura - Temple, Heritage Site - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somanathapura

Thanks Jamieoliveira, Aditya, Shamil

  balemaneb2c Oct 16, 2012 4:11 PM

36

Wonderful Travel film. I would definitely visit those places... All the best..

  sachin bhat Oct 16, 2012 4:33 PM

37

Good concept and well represented with background score.

  Chethan Oct 16, 2012 4:40 PM

38

There is so much beauty in the world, in the little things and the big wonders. This film showcases both. Great effort, wonderful cinematography!

  Vivek Oct 16, 2012 5:03 PM

39

Thnaks Sachin, Chetan, Vivek :)

Folks I am in a process of writing the making of the films, Challenges faced.. Will post it soon :)

  balemaneb2c Oct 16, 2012 5:40 PM

40

Good try and well taken.. :)

  Sowjanya Oct 16, 2012 6:29 PM

41

I truely enjoyed this bit.. I liked the part of the movie shot spent on the School ... I did remeber my stop over at a govt school near shimsha on an independence day .... Perceiving Independence ..
Cinematagrpahy and editing is done really well ...
But feel that voice can be bit clear.... Three cheers to all of you... Setting new hights on your commendable journey of social cause ...

  Preetham Mundadi Oct 16, 2012 6:43 PM

42

Nice one... the feeling of being with nature and not in the hustle bustle of city life is great .. .and this film shows that well... as someone suggested, it could be better to relate to if it started with a few seconds showing busy life of city .. and then relaxed journey...
wish u guys gud luck !

  Amit Oct 16, 2012 7:31 PM

43

Congratulations. Excellent presentation. All the best to Guru and team...

  swamy Oct 16, 2012 8:30 PM

44

Good job! Neat camera work and editing. Liked the concept too. Best wishes to you guys!

  Deepak Oct 16, 2012 11:13 PM

45

Excellent Work....Great Concept on travel around the Nation. Good Voice and video quality, ....overall wonderful job..
All the best!!!!

  Ritesh Oct 17, 2012 1:40 AM

46

Good one Bharath :)

  vishwesh Oct 17, 2012 1:45 AM

47

Thanks all for the overwhelming response..

@ Vishwesh - it is your music that has given the life to this film. Am receiving very good feedback on the composition. Kudos... You rock!!!

  balemaneb2c Oct 17, 2012 1:49 AM

48

awesome movie:-) very good music:-) congratulations:-)

  Lakshmi Hegde Oct 17, 2012 3:57 AM

49

Honestly, I would much rather watch your film than mine! My soul relates to yours.

  jamieoliveira Oct 17, 2012 4:36 AM

50

Amazing, Fantastic, Mind Blowing, Award Winning Short Film.
Great Work Bharath & Team. All the Best for your Future Films.

  Rajesh Talari Oct 17, 2012 4:43 AM

51

Very nice concept and presented it really well.! great work Bharath and team :)

  Narendra Oct 17, 2012 5:06 AM

52

Thank you for the wishes and feedback :-)

  Vishwesh Bhat Oct 17, 2012 1:52 PM

53

Thanks a lot Vishwesh, Rajesh, Narendra, Lakshmi

Thanks much Jamieoliveira for your comments. I have watched your film as well it is lively and very well precented. All the best.

  balemaneb2c Oct 17, 2012 3:36 PM

54

Team B2C,
Kudos!! That's a brilliant work. I love the blend of the Music and the Narration. It's so very Neat!! Something I can't stop watching it again!!
Its so perfectlt done.
@ Ashwini : Bravo!!! Congratulations to your entire team! Great Wrok :)

  Vijeta S M Oct 17, 2012 3:41 PM

55

excellent video........concept is crisp and very presented............nice cinematography and music...........

kudos to entire team

  Swaroop Oct 17, 2012 5:46 PM

56

Hi Guys,

Great Job !!! Keep it up.

-Shivu

  Shiva Kumar Oct 18, 2012 5:12 AM

57

Very nicely picturised and awesome background score :) :)

  Chaitra Vishwanath Oct 18, 2012 12:33 PM

58

Hi All,

As promised, we have come up with the "Making of the Travel Film - On A journey". Please read it at below link

http://www.by2coffeefilms.com/news/makingofatravelfilmonajourney

Excerpts of the Write Up:
======================================
We would like to take this opportunity to apologize to rest of our B2C members for not involving them in this video in any of the tasks!! We wanted to strictly adhere to the rule of the competition which said that not more than 2 people should be involved. Also, we wanted to test if we can shoulder the whole responsibility of film-making of this magnitude on our own!! I think we now know!! :)
================================

  balemaneb2c Oct 18, 2012 3:43 PM

59

Thanks Vijeta, Swaroop, Shivu, Chaitra for your comments. Its highly encouraging..

  balemaneb2c Oct 18, 2012 3:55 PM

60

Hey guys,
Wonderful piece of work. Very good cinematography. Music is awesome. Kudos to Bharath, Gururaj and Vishwesh.

  Vishwanath Oct 18, 2012 5:57 PM

61

woow.. wonderful effort..watching it was the first thing i did on a monday morning n could not've asked for a better start for a week :)

Best Wishes

  Ashwini Oct 18, 2012 6:12 PM

62

Nice ! liked it !!!

  Aaslesh Oct 18, 2012 7:30 PM

63

Good Music and camera work. All the best....

  Satya Oct 19, 2012 8:02 PM

64

It was great to see Talakadu, Shivanasamudra and Somanathapura through your eyes Bharath. Great C'graphy.. Amazing score by Vishwesh... This will go places..

  Kishan Oct 19, 2012 9:27 PM

65

Great work Bharath :) Music is also too good. !!

  Jayanth Oct 20, 2012 3:27 AM

66

This is one of the best travel films that I have ever seen.. . . This reminds me our old bike travels which I have taken up with my friends.. Proud of you bro.. You have captured beautiful places of Karnataka in an amazing way... All the best for the contest

  Dr Sharath Balemane Oct 21, 2012 3:12 PM

67

This video will prove that India is rich and happiest country in this world…you can see the people how they enjoy their day with nature…One of the eligible country to teach Meaning of life to this world….”Fantastic folks Congratulation and all the best for up coming journey.. From New York Friend’s team…

  Shanthakumar Oct 23, 2012 1:54 AM

68

Awesome vedio. Truly professional. Best part was Cinematography blended with back ground music. Hats off.

  Pramod Oct 30, 2012 11:50 PM

69

To realize oneself and to know what we really want in life and reaching/achieving it, is the ultimate destiny of our life. That is well conveyed in this short film.
Three minutes went past like three seconds. It is a good one. All the best!!

  Preethi Akila Dec 14, 2012 2:28 AM

About balemaneb2c

...On A Journey... Poster

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.