Existing Member?

Get Jealous

Climbing Chulu (Far) East

NEPAL | Monday, 12 November 2007 | Views [2358] | Comments [1]

2.11.2007 - 5.11.2007: Very Short Version... about Nepali Organisation. The first intention of this trip was to climb Chulu East (6584m)!Afternoon walk to the end of the Jini Khola valley. Setting up the Base Camp with two tents, one for the three Nepalis (1 sherpa, 2 porters) and a tiny for me. Meeting a French group with four climbers and 14 staff. Sitting by the fire and listening to Nepali chats. Leaving Base Camp and one of the porters the next day. Going up some sandy trails and setting up Advanced Base Camp without Nepali tent, but only mine. Some other German and the same French group at the same spot. Cooking dinner outside on a camping stove. Noticing that we will run out of food. Two Nepalis sleeping with the French's staff. My sherpa starting coughing like hell. Setting up High Camp above the snow line, still only with my tent the following day and doing it by my own. The porter going down again. My sherpa looking very poor, asking me about doing only the easy one - Chulu Far East. Agreeing due to no better option (would have done it even alone). Supplied with daal bhat by the French's kitchen team. No more changes of plans. Ascent and seeing many, many mountains! Great fun: Skiing a 1000m down the mountain in my boots.

On the ice block near the summit.

On the ice block near the summit.

Tags: Mountains

 

Comments

1

i wish to see those mountain if is free please email me back thank you and god bless you

  sifa ngeze Dec 9, 2008 5:47 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.