Existing Member?

Discovering the world one step at a time

the yasawa islands

FIJI | Sunday, 1 December 2013 | Views [421]

It was sad to say goodbye to jim and his lovely wife ana. The children were also pretty cute.

However,  I am in need of some luxury! So we booked a 5 day 4 night island hopping pass. Its called the bula pass, its very well organised,  you start going around some of fiji's 300 islands. They all have resorts for tourists on the larger ones.  Some you can walk all the way around in 30 minutes. 

We first went to long beach as recommended by ana as her sister worked there.

We had our own room with en suite,  which stepped out onto the beach n perfect warm sea. Its all white n turquoise. However,  they seem to think all European s love ketchup and my lovely omelette was spoilt with a massive dollop of ketchup all over it... yuk. 

There was only 6 other people on the island which gave the impression of castaway.  Loved it spent time just lying in a hammock. 

 

Spent 2 nights on coralview island as reckonmended by two swedish girls. Always lots of swedish, german n dutches around. 

On Saturday nights they take part in fire dancing n traditional fijian dancing, it was fantastic to watch. They even did the dance they would have done when they ate white people. 

Older members of the community can remember eating people as small children.  In papa new Guinea they still do and white people need a body guard at all times.  They through knives in the air and ate fire!!  Always buffet food at this resort,..

Spent one day on the blue lagoon snorkeling.  The coral is much nicer and untouched.  The fish are amazing!

The rain here is incredible! It also sounds so loud on tin roofing.

 

Last resort was wailiala  this is a chilled fijian run resort,  made a shell neck lace n bracelets with the local villagers. 

Sadly said goodbye to fiji to return to Sydney for job hunting, 

 

About azariah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Fiji

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.