Existing Member?

Life as they know it.

My time spent in Haiti.

USA | Sunday, 13 January 2013 | Views [450]

I'm an ambitious 20-year-old male looking for new experiences and the opportunity to gain wisdom and forge relationships. I’ve devoted the last 6 years of my life to photography and have learned quickly. Photography is my passion and I try to share my knowledge with others around me. In the summer of 2012 I was given the opportunity to  travel to a rural community in Haiti. While there I worked with the community and made many friends. Since that time I have been to the same community twice more.I spent time not only capturing their lives with my camera but also helping out this poor community with things like clean water, solar energy, and proper sanitation for bodily waste. These experiences have greatly affected my life and I hope to be apart of this community for the rest of my life.

I want to learn about other cultures more extensively and continue my passion, not only in photography but also by sharing my knowledge with others and enjoying the life I was given. thank you for your consideration of this scholarship.

 

Tags: children, haiti

About auston


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.