Existing Member?

My Travel Book

Faith on Santaneshwor Mahadev

NEPAL | Wednesday, 17 September 2014 | Views [1384] | Scholarship Entry

I started watching travel documentaries since my childhood. They made me realize that filmmaking is the path to discover the world, to discover you within yourself. So I thought of making travel documentaries on my own. I traveled various places carrying a camera but could not make films as I see them in television. I realized storytelling is a tough task. So I decided to practice a lot, as I believe practice makes a man perfect, and become a good storyteller. But it takes a long time to succeed without proper guidance. Traveling to Mexico, learning from veteran film maker Brian Rapsey would be one of the major parts of my journey to film making. It would help me become a professional.

I am citizen of Nepal and Nepal has diversified culture. Hundreds of unique festivals are celebrated here. It is full of natural beauty and I see Nepal as a fruitful land for documentary productions. But still people here are not able to pick the fruit. I want to show these festivals to the world. I want to show the beauty and adventure of the Himalayas to the world. I want to explore the world. Meet different people and hear their stories. This scholarship would help me explore the world in proper way.

My family wanted me to become a doctor but I chose to go into film making. They are still unhappy with my decision. But they become happy when they see me working passionately. How happy would they be if I produced good documentaries? So, winning this scholarship means a lot to me.

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

About ashimkhanal


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.