Existing Member?

TARDISing Around

I've got 99 islands and I only saw one

MALAYSIA | Sunday, 4 January 2015 | Views [330]

...and even that it wasn't much. But that is a slight jump in time. So the last time I was still in Singapore and I did take a quick view of Habourfront and Sentosa Island before returning. It is ok, I'm not going to say anything above that because I wasn't there long enough for a better evaluation.

 

Back in KL for New Year's eve and day. Nothing much, didn't go anywhere new, but kept on having awesome food.

 

Anywho.... on the 2nd a quick 1 hour flight took me to Langkawi Island. That is the main of the 99 there are there. It is a relly nice place. What I call a backpacker haven. Hostels go from cheap to a reasonable price, even not counting conversion rates from higher currencies such as the euro to ringgit. And food is also fairly priced. There is one thing that it beats the rest of the places I went to around here. It is tax free. So adult drinks which are severely taxed around here a lot cheaper.

Langkawi doesn't have much to do, and at the same time it does. It all depends of what you want and how much you want to spend. You want to rent a scooter and ride around the island and see the natural beauty of the forests, waterfalls, or anything else? Do it. Want to rent a boat and see other islands, or join a trip doing that? Go for it. Want to do what I did which was to chill out at the beach all day? Hellz Yeahz! Up to you... I would say that this is a good "Bro" Island. If you have a group of friends with whom you want to chill out a few days and don't do anything important this is the place to be.

 

I was only there for 1 full day but it was enjoyable. This morning I took a ferry to Penang the pearl of the Orient as they call it. And now that I am relaxed and chilled in my room and the stupid heat outside calmed a bit I'm going to visit the city. Only have 24 hours, at this time tomorrow I must go to the airport back to KL. Only two more days after that, then home again...

About archeraj


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.