Existing Member?

Travel-Life-Experience

Only a few days left!!..

PAKISTAN | Monday, 4 August 2008 | Views [719]

..Hey all! So much happened, and I can't believe I will be leaving in only two days. It feels so normal to be here! When I look out on the street I can't believe I was in orderly, clean Germany only a few days ago. The weather I quite nice, it rains every now and then, bringing humidity from 99 to 100 % (felt like that), but it is not too hot under the fan. Even I use the fan now;)

Lets see...There was a big wedding on Saturday, so my aunt and I went to the bazaar to pick up some shoes that would go with my outfit - actually they were chappals. My aunt really did the bargaining, she said that 250Rs was not acceptable, but 200 was okay. The only thing I did was prevent myself from looking tooo interested and too happy, because everything was soo much fun!

Oh, and before that, we passed a Tarot-card reader and I got my future read! HAHA!! I have never ever done somthing like that. It is fun. Actually, quite healing in a way, because you really think about what your life's right now, and you  imagine how everything could turn out....I will not go into detail, but MAN my life will be buzy;)

The wedding itself was really pompous! Velvet cloth, wine-red colour, white tables and corners to sit, privately, along with a stage and an area to sit/perform IN FRONT of the stage. Because here is how it goes:The stage is for the bride and groom (and his and her family), whereas the (smaller) plattform is for the dancers and artists that have come up with a program for the wedding. Nice. The performances were dancing, and it was very lively. Around the stage everyone else gathered, and there were snacks and drinks offered.

What I though was really cool was the way children and older people were not left out of this: There were several children, performing dances, and everyone cheered them on. The were really good, too. And even if something didn't go according to plan, it was okay:)

Oh, and the president came! He spent half an hour being escorted by his security guards, saying hello to the bride and groom, and even dancing with them! He knew the bride's family and came as a personal guest. :) cool. Since he danced, I thought it was okay if I risked it - and also danced for a short while:) jippy!

Yesterday I had some coconut juice fresh from the coconut, and guavas and papayas (of course, along with a mango or two..). YAM! And I was a man carrying a chicken to market in one hand and holding his kid's hand in his other. All of them looked content, even the cicken! It was  going for a ride..:) (Nobody could have told it it was going to be sold..).

That's it for now, enjoy whatever you are doing, I will maybe be writing from Bangalore (where I have decided to stay for only two days) or Hyderabad, where I am going after that.  

Tags: karachi, two days left, wedding

 

 

Travel Answers about Pakistan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.