Existing Member?

lovett abroad

The finale and the next step

SOUTH KOREA | Friday, 29 February 2008 | Views [4720]

Hi all!

I'm going to keep this brief and let you take a photographic journey through my last couple of months in Korea (with a little sojurn to Japan). As expected packing to leave tomorrow was left to the last minute and I have only hours left...! Thankfully everything is ready and all that's left to do is eat a last dinner of galbi, wash it down with soju and hang out with the ladies till departure time...

Needless to say the last couple of months have been ace; Christmas in a cabin, new year's in Tokyo and Kyoto, a trip up north into a winter wonderland, snowboarding, a retreat to the countryside, Bjork in Seoul and all the usual shenanigans.

I can scarcely believe I’ve only a matter of days left. It really does seem like a couple of weeks ago I was packing up and coming out here, throwing myself into the unknown…which turned out to be the best decision I’ve ever made. I’ve had some of the best times and made friends for life; which also means I have people to visit all over the world now which is grand too.

And as for the next three months, I’m jumping in at the deep end and within 48hours of writing this I’ll be in Calcutta! I’m meeting my friend Thellie/Dave in Bangkok, and we’ll then spend a week travelling across northern India via Varanasi, Agra and Delhi, before flying to Kathmandu to meet my friends Tom and Dawn. The original plan to spend 6 weeks in Nepal and a further 6 in Tibet and China is still in place. I can’t wait to get to the mountains!

Then I’ll be home in June and I’ll see where things take me then…

Which just leaves me to say to my Korean family (you know who you are)…I love you and I will miss you horribly - some I already am, but I will see you again in different lands, we have hostels, cafes and galleries to be opening after all!

Hope you’re all well as always. And, for the Cambridge peeps, get some roast dinners and pints ready for my return in 12 weeks:)

Annie xxx

Tags: Adventures

About annielovett


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Korea

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.