Existing Member?

Botswana Pioneering Trip 2012

What a wondeful few days....

BOTSWANA | Monday, 5 March 2012 | Views [633]

Braai

Braai

Sorry we havent posted anything we have had a manic few days, but absolutely lovely time.


We cant believe we leave Maun in four days time, we have been out in the ministry every day since getting back from our one night in the bush, and as we are leaving Maun in a few days we have the horrible job of starting to say goodbye to everyone, handing over calls and studies etc etc.

Our local 'family' have been having us over for lovely meals, braai's(BBQ's) and farewell's which has been lovely but also sad as we cant quite believe how fast the last 5 weeks have gone. One of the local elders, Dean, who is originally from the US, has also just come back from 5 months in the States so it was great to meet him also before we leave.

Very excited though because my sister, Bridgit, and bro-in-law, Adrian, leave Joberg tomorrow and will drive up to be with us on Wednesday.

Wednesday night will be our last meeting here, we will take a load of pictures and video so you can see what the Kingdom Hall looks like and can see the recent work including a water tank I helped put in. And most importantly you can see a few of the brothers and sisters who we are already so attached to.

We will spend Thursday with B&A in local ministry then pack up the 4x4 for our 10 day trip up to Kasane in the North and Zimbabwe. Thursday night we have a treat planned for B&A, as it was there anniversary a few days ago.

We will be out of contact for at least a week from Friday, with no internet or mobile phones. How nice!

Next update should be loads of Elephant and Lion stories, in fact a few days ago in Kasane they had lion's in the parking lot of the local Choppies supermarket.

About annaryan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Botswana

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.