Existing Member?

Botswana Pioneering Trip 2012

The last few days...

BOTSWANA | Thursday, 23 February 2012 | Views [529]

Girls with cows

Girls with cows

Have had a great few days no rain so temperatures have been getting very high 35 degrees plus. Been out and about mainly in service, and also went out to seldom worked territory today, was really good had lunch on the river with a large group of local brothers and sisters.

(Biddy and Adrian be careful on the trip up from Francis Town to Maun, in two weeks time, as we were on it today and there are goats, donkeys and cows everywhere, and it is a very narrow road, with loads of muppets driving trucks to fast.)

A friend of Nelson and Ingrid's arrived yesterday, John Ziebart, turns out we have met him and his sister in London when he gave a talk at our old cong in Ealing. So was good to see a familiar face and we look forward to catching up with him in London some time.

We also went to the local Nandos last night, and after ordering Extra Hot and sitting down the kitchen guys came out to check I had ordered it, must have thought our Western pallets couldnt handle the heat, but turned out to be very nice, apart from the actual piece of chicken which was skinnier than an anorexic pigeon.

Will try load a few more pics in the picture folder so you can see a bit more of what it looks like here.

You will see a picture of a Baobab tree in one of them where we parked for the day, this was next to a local outdoor court/chief's meeting place, we had to ask permission first before we spoke to the locals. Ended up having an awesome day.

I have a meeting tonight with the local cong, as they have kindly got me involved in the plumbing alterations and maintenance on their hall, so this Saturday we will be fitting a new guttering and water storage system for the hall. They also currently have no sound system as it has been stolen for the fourth time.

 

 

About annaryan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Botswana

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.