Existing Member?

Botswana Pioneering Trip 2012

I thought it rained in England

BOTSWANA | Wednesday, 15 February 2012 | Views [486]

Field Service Group

Field Service Group

I(Ryan) worked with Nelson McGrath, a friend of Grant and Kerry Baris in London, today, had two great calls, one was with five people who all crowded under the only shady tree around, and another with a South African man from Joberg, all of them asked that I come back again tomorrow to continue the Bible discussion, so by Friday I might have a few studies if they all want us to come back again. Then around lunchtime it started to storm, lightning, thunder and more rain than I have ever seen, I did not realise Africa could be so wet and so green...and again the power was off. 8)

We have been walking along the river banks here about 5m from the edge, and the locals just told us that about 100m up the river over 200 crocodiles escaped a while ago in the rains, so might be a little more careful from now on, apparently some are nearly 4m long.

Cant believe we have been here over a week already, we will be in Maun for about 20 more days, and then we leave for Kasane driving through Moremi, Savuti and Chobe National Parks, ending up in Kasane in the North, and popping over to Zimbabwe to see the Victoria Falls. Every day when we drive into Maun we have to avoid at least 20-30 donkeys and cows along the way, apparently in Kasane we will have the same problem with elephants, they come right into town.

Laptop battery was running low, so great the power has just come back on in time to update this blog.

 

About annaryan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Botswana

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.