Existing Member?

Anna in Italy "You may have the universe if I may have Italy." Giuseppe Verdi

Back to the Land of Sunshine

ITALY | Wednesday, 16 October 2013 | Views [968] | Comments [14]

Ok so the minute I stepped off the aeroplane into the blazing sunshine on the Mediterranean island of Sardinia I asked myself why I am actually living in Macerata. And I just spent the most amazing weekend of my life there, seriously it was just so nice and fun and relaxing and totally enchanting, the English language does not possess words to describe it. So instead of writing the usual novel on what I did, I shall attempt to be more brief and let the pictures tell the story.

It has come to my attention that people reading my blog on some smart phones can’t “hover the mouse” over the pics to see what they are about, so I’ll write the descriptions above the photos, at least in this post. And as this is a public website, I’m not putting surnames of the people here, if you really want to know who they are, you can ask me or someone else who knows.

Anyway I arrived in Sardinia on Friday morning after a rather traumatic journey (which I will not go into here, but it involved spending a night on the streets of Rome, see picture below).

Rome at Night

But that vanished like a bad dream when I could enjoy the incredible beauty of the countryside surrounding Oristano, looking its best in the autumn sunshine. I stayed with Ann Yvonne and Andrea #bestFamilyEver and their four extremely energetic and athletic boys while I was there. I went for bike rides, greeted the chickens and ducks, built sand castles, and played games outside with the kids during the day on Friday and Saturday.

Zinnigas

Even the fact that I am the world's worst photographer can't stop Marco and Anton being adorably cute!

Marco and Anton

And here are the big boys: Stian and Mino

Stian and Mino

In the evenings we met up with friends, socialised, watched significant events being broadcast on international TV, played cards, ate delicious food, and… played Mafia. Playing Mafia with Italians is an experience in itself, it added a whole new dimension to the game! :)

Saturday Evening at Zinnigas

Sala and Martina (below)

Sala and Martina

Gabriele and Ingar

Gabri and Ingar

Sunday was an absolutely magical day. We drove to a nearby mountain (actually an extinct volcano I was told) and went for a lovely walk in the forest. The weather was perfect and the scenery exquisite! Then we came back and had a barbeque lunch #thanksJoni&Stian—I really enjoyed my hamburgers! After lunch some of us randomly went off into the woods with a long rope intending to make a swing off one of the trees; this would have been totally illegal back home but it was fine here. We weren’t entirely successful in making a functional and safe swing, but it wasn’t for lack of trying. And we had a lot of fun and laughs in the attempt.

Joni, who gave up the walk to be the chef :)

Joni

I just love this picture: Ingar, me and Kore in a huge tree above the picnic table

Ingar, me and Kore

My angel Marco (#ThanksSalaforsomeawesomephotos)

Marco

Me and Kore at lunch

Me and Kore

Lydia and Mattia #AwesomeCouple

Lydia and Mattia

And the best Salome in the world!! <3 Miss you :(:(

Me and Sala

On Monday Lydia took me to the beach for a couple of hours before I had to leave. Again the beauty around me was just breathtaking, and I knew that my heart would break when I had to leave.

We wanted a photo, but we had to check that we had no food between our teeth first :D

Lydia and Anna 1

Thanks for an awesome day Lydia!

Lydia and Anna2

And my heart did break, I cried on the train all the way to the airport. Ok that’s a slight exaggeration, but I promise I did shed tears; it was just dreadful saying goodbye to everyone. However, about 8 hours after I was home in Macerata I had booked a ticket back, so I will return to the land of sunshine in 3 and a half weeks. Fortunately! 

Cagliari airport, seen through a mist of tears

Cagliari

And catching the plane out of Sardinia #brokenHeart

Leaving Sardinia

Comments

1

Come ti avevo detto, commento per primo! :D non avresti potuto descrivere meglio questo weekend!! Anche se io avrei aggiunto il modo in cui giocano (urlano) gli italiani a carte! Haaha:) cmq articolo bellissimo e sono felice che ti piaccia così tanto qui da noi! Ci rivediamo presto!!! Ciaoissimo!

  Ingar Oct 16, 2013 8:44 AM

2

Å kult! Du er bare så råååå! Digger deg issimo! Er så glas for at du snart kommer tilbake- senga er klar haha! Gleder meg til neste gang! Tusen takk for denne gang min gode venn!

  Ann Yvonne Oct 16, 2013 9:20 AM

3

Im happy to see that u liked it there. It was a good question when u asked my why did i leave?
Hehe i miss that place and all the frieds a lot.
Its good here in nz too. We need friends anywhere. Enjoy the rest of ur time there.
Greetings from us three.

  Giacobbe Oct 16, 2013 10:22 AM

4

Ciao anna <3 grazie per questi giorni in sardegna ,un po pochi , pero e stato bellissimo .torna presto <3

  gabriele Oct 16, 2013 4:42 PM

5

This entry was just beautiful <3

  Tini Oct 17, 2013 12:12 AM

6

@Ingar: Questo con le carte non era possibile spiegare, nessuno l'avrebbe capito. Come diciamo in inglese: "you had to be there!" pero mamma mia era buffissimo!! :):):) Sono prontissima per la prossima volta, lo sai che non hai chance ;-) Arrivedercissimi!!

@Ann Yvonne: Fantastisk aa bo hos dere!! Savner dere allerede noe vanvittig, heldigvis ser jeg dere om 22 dager. Gleder meg! klem xx

@Giacobbe: Thanks for stopping by Giacobbe, nice to get a comment from far away NZ! :) Would have been so nice if I could have seen you and Liandri here, but maybe we'll meet up here another time. All the best with everything! Ciao

  Anna Oct 17, 2013 10:46 AM

7

@Gabri: sempre bello sentire da te, grazie per il commento! Ci vediamo presto, solo tre settimane, e ti battero a ping pong :) <3

@Tini: thanks for your comments Tini, ok if I answer them all here? So glad you're enjoying the blog, I gotta admit I'm having fun writing it. I should inform you that not only the dogs are dangerous, also the chickens and roosters, but that's another story :) Lovely to hear your voice today, but let's try again soon, when we both hopefully have a better internet connection. Bear hug to you from me xxooxx <3

  Anna Oct 17, 2013 10:56 AM

8

Love it!!!!! Love the photos. That's it. I'm coming over with u to Sardinia. I'm in love with the place as well. Sigh. I'm glad u r having such good experiences that will last a lifetime. Ciao Bella. Can't wait to talk to u again!!!

  Fiona Oct 17, 2013 6:13 PM

9

Nice to read that you had such a nice time in Sardinia! .... and that you can go back in a few weeks time. Happy for you!

  Henkela Oct 19, 2013 10:00 PM

10

Hi Fiona, am I making you jeeaallloouuusssss??? :):) You are the main victim of my Sardinian articles, if I make you jump on the next plane to come here, I guess that's mission accomplished! ^^)

@Henkela: thanks always nice to read your comments. Regarding your comment on the competition, just take a guess!! :) No one else knows the answer either, and you never know, you might end up being closest to the right answer... :-) I'll give you a hint, it's more than a year ago :)

  Anna Oct 20, 2013 5:05 AM

11

Nice update Anna. Must have been so nice to spend time with the friends.

  Anna Nooit Oct 21, 2013 1:37 PM

12

Loving this. Hadn't been on for a while but catching up now! Thanks!

  Liz Nov 4, 2013 10:45 PM

13

@Anna: oooh it was! Can't even describe how nice. I'm going back again this Thursday and I assure you, I can't WAIT!! I suppose it's too soon to ask if your prize has arrived... :(

@Liz: I know at least 3 Liz's who could potentially post here, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's Sydney Liz :)! Thanks for your comment, looking forward to seeing you again...

  Anna Nov 4, 2013 10:59 PM

14

Sydney Liz it is :)

  Liz R Nov 10, 2013 5:41 PM

About annarisa


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.