Existing Member?

Wander & enjoy the diversity...it feeds your soul “What is more miraculous than the moment?” Vietnamese monk Thich Nhat Hanh

Family life in Hyderabad

INDIA | Thursday, 13 December 2007 | Views [2951]

12/9 – 12/13 Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India –

What a wonderful time we had with friends in Hyderabad!  Our dear friends, Nag, Veena, Vibha, & Nidhi introduced us to their warm & inviting home and active family life.  We had an interesting day touring the city and seeing a large, beautiful, historical, and cultural museum, "Salarjung."  This museum is one of the largest in the world and displays artifacts from the time of the Nizams who ruled Hyderabad for a long period.

We also went to a cultural center, or Rajasthani theme park (Dhola-ri-dhani), where Nag & the kids rode a camel AND so did Veena & I!  What fun!  The next day, Nag had to go to a conference in Delhi, and Vibha didn't want to miss school, so the rest of us went to see the "Ramoji" Film City.  Ramoji is the largest film studio complex (built on 2000 acres) in the world as certified by Guinness World Records.  They provide production facilities with entertainment for the public!  This was a fun way to see a variety of sets (like Disneyland) & do some rides that Nidhi liked.  

The highlights of our visit were commentaries by Nag & Veena about life in India, spending time with the family, playing games & songs with Vibha and Nidhi AND eating Veena's delicious food!  Another treat from Veena was getting an Ayurvedic massage.  So relaxing!  Our stay in Hyderabad was one of the highpoints of our time in India!  Thanks to you all!

Tags: People

About annanderson


Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.