Existing Member?

My Asia I fell in love with Cambodia in 2002. I am fortunate enough to now be able to enjoy regular trips. I hope you enjoy following me and that the information is useful to some!

The Bus Journey

CAMBODIA | Tuesday, 27 September 2011 | Views [666]

We had booked our bus tickets a few days ago as its Pchum Ben and it will be busy.

Arrived at the bus station and to our amazement the bus leaves on time! We are only travelling to Siem Reap and should only take 2 hours. After our excitement at it leaving on time, it promtly pulls into a petrol station and fills up!! Almost 15 minutes later we are off again, but about 3 stops until we get out of town, we have no idea what they are stopping and starting for!

Although one was for the bus attendant to buy phone credit!!!

We stop at Sisophon, but no one allowed off, the driver delivers a few things and the attendant sits down to a hearty meal! He got left there and we are off at the speed of light with the bus swaying all over the road! I honestly thought we were on a boat as that is what it felt like!Pita Bread very concerned!

The bus driver drown down the middle of the road and had his hand on the horn the entire way!! We were seat one and two and was really best not to look!!!!

He made another 3 to 4 stops, delivering stuff and stopping to have a cigarette and whatever else he was up too! We then stop about 20 minutes out of Siem Reap for a toilet break, l asked him how long and he waved me off the bus, no speaka any english and does'nt give a S__t!! He hoovers down a meal while everyone waits for him!!

Once into Siem Reap, streets and roads flooded so we are dropped at a bus depot out of town, not many Tuk Tuk drivers and those that were there telling us that the Guest House is flooded we must go to a different one!! Luckily the GH had emailed me and warned me that they would try this! $2 and we manage to get into town and to the wonderful oasis that is the Golden Temple Villa!!!

And that folks is most possibly the worst bus trip l have been on in Asia in 10 years and it took four hours to get here!! It only takes 5 to get to Phnom Penh!!!

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.