Existing Member?

My Asia I fell in love with Cambodia in 2002. I am fortunate enough to now be able to enjoy regular trips. I hope you enjoy following me and that the information is useful to some!

Phnom Penh

CAMBODIA | Friday, 24 December 2010 | Views [676]

We arrive safely in PP courtesy of Dom, National Highway No 3 has improved alot. Almost smooth the entire way and only small bits left to be done now, perhaps another month will see it completed. It took us 2 hours and  40 minutes  into Riverside form Kampot, a top effort!

Blue Lime was the accommodation of choice, but it has lost its charm for us now and l think we will find some where else for next time. After dropping the bags we headed straight for the markets, Bruce was busting to get to the Russian Markets, but we actually found that central markets were much better! And they are not so far form Sorya Mall which has a huge range of DVD’s! And a Svennsons Ice cream shop! Boys were in heaven!

We wandered back for a swim at Blue Lime, but can you believe it, it was too cold!!!! Dee, Steve and the Sutton family met us and we walked to Riverside and the FCC for dinner. I have never been to the FCC  (Foreign Correspondents Club) before and it has now become a favourite! We had a huge walk along the River and ended up at the end where the boats to Siem Reap leave, was a lovely night, kids enjoyed each others company, and so did the parents. We have said our Goodbye’s to the Suttons now, and next time we see them will be in Australia!

Day Two in Phnom Penh and we have booked the wonderful Sameth Sam to take us to Udong. This place served as the capital of Cambodia between 1618 and 1866, a number of kings were crowned here. It has a few stupa’s and great views of the country side. I think Bruce and Sam were expecting something alot grander but it was worth it for the drive out there and to see Sameth.  We had a great time catching up and he still remembers teaching Lisa and Claire Cambodian.

We were back just after lunch and re visited the Central Markets again and the DVD shops and Svenssons!!!

The reasons for the trip into PP was to go shopping and we have done a bit but not a real lot, l think next time we will stay in Kampot that little bit longer!!! Sam describes the markets in a fitting way “a place to store the most useless crap, in one convenient location”!!

FCC for tea and that folks is the end of our trip to Cambodia! Tomorrow we are off to KL for the night.

Tags: phnom penh

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.