Existing Member?

Ana and Emmas Journal Adventures around the world

New year - the build up

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 31 December 2006 | Views [1317]

We get an early start and set off for Sydney eventually arriving back in the familiar territory of drummoyne! at lunch time... we park up and contact jeff and Gedgey….we have no internet access so cant contact anyone else who we wanted to meet up with. After speaking to gedgey it becomes clear that we need to get into the city asap if we want to get a good spot. After a hurried make up session emma and I are ready to go in. We get the bus to circular Quay and head in for a quick pint at the ship inn with gedgey and his friends from back home. We head to the opera house amongst the massing crowds …we get a decent spot on the steps of the harbour bridge. We hear from Jeff and Sharon that they had already found a prime spot right below the opera house with amazing views of the bridge and harbour front….we are met by Sharon who shows us a back route to where they are avoiding the need to get any tickets.

Settling in we prepare for the sevn hour wait for the fireworks fuelled by beer, pies and sausage rolls…there is a good atmosphere and people are al having a good time. And the queues for the beer aren’t too bad but im glad im not a woman as the queues for the ladies toilets are huge! Probably why so many of them found there way into the gents!

Tags: Sightseeing

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.