Existing Member?

pillaging the village

venice

ITALY | Sunday, 20 January 2008 | Views [625]

so this is where i am now ... sitting in the hotel and typing up the rest of my blog

for some reason hotels are much cheaper than hostels in italy ... we paid the same price for a 4 bedroom hotel room, that we would have paid for a hostel bed ... so we are staying in this gorgeous hotel in venice .. overlooking one of the hostels ..

we arrived in venice two nights ago at around 830 at night ... long 8 hour train trip from salzburg ... it was only me lou and kaylz in salsburg ... and jess >(the girls house we stayed at in london) met us in venice ... she is doing the rest of the trip with us ...

arrived in venice at night ... met the nicest three italian ladies on the train ... they were in there 60s and were all dressed fashionably ...they got on our train in innsbruk ... they live on the coast in italy and randomly travel around europe ... they leave their husbands behind haha ... they were lovely and friendly and tralked to us the whole train trip ... very funny ... kept making jokes ... very warm people ... one spoke english ... the other two only italian ... but suprisingly me and lou could understand much of their italian beacuse its so similar to french ... and kaylz could speak a bit of italian ...

VENICE IS BEAUTIUFL ... such a cool city ... it isnàt as clean as paris ... there is graffiti around ... we noticedn this about italy in general on our train trip ... and in a very diff style of architecture form paris ... paris is very gothic and classical ... venice is very renaissance architecture ... its really beautiufl though i have many photos ...

that night went back to our hotel room and got huge pizzaS ... the large is much bigger in italy than at home ... and sat in the room talking and drinking wine ...

woke up early the next morning and spent the entire day walking around venice and seeing the sites and just getting lost in general ... saw many of the churches ... lots of glass shops ... and san marco square ... fed the pigeons in san marco square!!! saw the famous church but forgotten the name ... spent the whole day out in venice ... that night we had some more pizza and wine ...

coffee is really cheap in venice!! its 80 euro cents for an espresso!!! paris is about double the price ... everything else though is very very very exnspeive

stayed up late ... the girls left this morning had a 7am train ... i slept in till about 9am and had breakfast at the hoptel ... buffeet breakfast yay .. thats the great thing about hotels buffeet breakfast is always included ...

i chcked out this morning but left my luggage at the hotel .. spent the morning wandering around venice ... spent a few hours reading in one of the squares ... and all these italian men took photos of me!!! it was the wierdest thing in the world ... i was sitting there reading and id hear a camera snap ... and id look up and these random men would be starring at me and taking photos ... two of them asked if they could and kept saying stuff to me in italian ... this photo taking happened about 3 times!!!! i could get used to this kind of attention hahaha

had a coffee this avo and headed back to the hotel to use the free internet ... my train is at 8pm this evening so soon i will make my way over to the train station and wait there ... in venice u catch water busses everywhere ... they are just big ferries ... i really like venice!!! very pretty ... although i feel like there isnàt a huge amount to see ... just a pretty place to be for a few days ..

so tonight off to the cotswolds ... and then im meeting the girls back in paris on the 26th for australia day .. just for one night ... then amsterdam ... boy am i looking forward to amsterdam hahaha ...

Tags: Culture

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.