Existing Member?

pillaging the village

munich

GERMANY | Sunday, 20 January 2008 | Views [798]

after contiki ... me lou kaylz and sara headed off to munich ... we spent two nights there ... it was a long train trip from vienna to munich ... about 4 hours ... arrived in munich that night ... 

we got some dinner ... and met this australian girl called laura ... that night we came back to the hostel and there was free beer tasting going on ... so me and laura did that while lou and kaylz had an early night and went to bed ... at the beer tasting me and laura met a group of slovenia boys who were studying chemical engineering, and visiting the uni at berlin because they had a few days of courses there ... they were studying in slovenia in the capital ... all of us went our that night and had a few beers ... yes i actually drank beer<!!! i finished a whole pint wooo ... the boys were really funny ... and had some great cutlural jokes about the different nationalities in europe ..

woke up early the next day and went to the station to organise our travels ... then we went on a free walking trip of munich ... a company organises these free walking tours around europe for backpackers in ltos of the main capiltas ... they last around 3 hours and are a great way to learn the city>!!! we did a lot of ww2 history stuff ... found out that munich was the place where hitler and the nazis started!!! the tour guide showed us many memorials to the victims of the nazis ... the memorials were very discrete ... had no plaques on most of them ... one was just this gold line going down a street ... it symboised the victims that got shot trying to avoid the nazis one day ... went out to a beer hall for dinner ... the girls got 1 litre big beers ... had some german food ... i had these potato dumplings in this mushroom cream soup ...

the next day we went to dauchau concentration camp ... wont write too much about it but it was :( ...got some dinner that night and had a beer to say byte to sara who was meeting her sister that day and leaving us ... went home and had another beer with laura ... drank a half litre yay :) ... i can actually drink beer now without scrunching my face up ... really like the taste ...

next morning left munich early to go to salsburg ... realyl like germany and really like germans<!!! im hoping to go and travel there soon ... munichs a pretty city ... much of it was bombed during the war, but restored to its former condition, rather than replaced with ugly concrete buildigns ... germans are really nice as well ... really friendly people!!!!!

Tags: Lost!

 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.