Existing Member?

pillaging the village

the next few days in london ..

FRANCE | Thursday, 3 January 2008 | Views [869]

hihi


sorry its been so long since ive posted ... we have been heaps busy ...

i willl start with sunday ...

we went to this club called Church on sunday ... it starts at 12 midday and finishes at 4pm ... we started predrinkkng at about 10am and thennn went to Church ... it was so so mmuch fun ... a whole bunch of tourists and also londonders and peolpe dressed up ... very much pub music -- alll these old favourites and was heaps of fun ...

you had to buy drinks in groups of three and you got them given to you in a plastic sac and had to strap the sack to u!!

they had middway these girl n guy strip shows on stage .... i accidentally volunteeered myself for a boat race!!! OOPSY AND I DONT DRINK BEER AT ALL ... we were going in groups of four in different countries ... so in my team was this other girl and two guys ... but three out of four of us didnt drink beer and couldn't skull hahaha but when they were asking for volunteers they didn't tell us that it was a boat race ... sooo anyway, we tried sculling and it didn't work so we poured the beer over our heads ... us aussies got led off stage for being too 'drunk' to finish the boat race (really we just didnt like beer .. haha what crap patriots we r if we dont drink beer)


the girls went out to an aussie pub at like 5pm in Shepards Bush clled the walk about ... i didnt go out after Church because i have a cold and was exhausted from the  last two nights ... so i caught the tube home ... had vegetarian lasange with jesses mum and brother and went to sleep for 16 hours ... the girls came hoem around 10pm

woke up the next day early (:new years eve) and did a free walking tour called New London Tour .. these free tours take place in all the capitals and are a really good way to be introduced to the city!!! i did the Old London tour on monday morning and it was great!!! met lots of aussies ... the tour guidfe was lovely n fun andgot to see heaps of tourist sites in a good 3 hour walk!!!

got home around lunch time and the girls had just woken up ....we all went out and got maccas and then jess and kayley went to get tattoos ... they had been wanting them for a few years now and had been planning them for a while ... we went to this place called Camden Town and the Camden Markets, its the hippy area of ondon ... jess got her tat saying 'Curioser and Curioser'  its a quote from alice and wonderland and kayley got a trebleclef ...

we headed home mondayyyy night and cooked up a big new years eve feast  for dinner ...

we had :

- scallopped potatoes with cream and cheese

- roast vegies with rosemary thyme n garlic

- big yummy salad

- chicken parmas

anddd haagez daas for desert

we had some champagne and some vodka/cokes at home and headed out about 1030 to some local pubs ...

went to Soho area - which is sort of like Brunswick street in melbourne ... had a few bottles of sparkling between us to bring in the new year ..

jess and sar headed home about 230ish and me n kayley n luce headed home about 4ish ... LONDON CLOSES SOO EARLY!!! we wanted to stay out n dance but everywhere closed at 3am on new years eve!!! even maccas and hungry jacks!!! how crazy!!!!!!!!!!! ... melbourne is open later than london on new years eve night ... its crazy crzy how early this city shuts ... all the pubs shut at 3am ... and on normal nights they shut at 11pm/12am ... the liquor licensing laws here are apparently strict ... i thought london would be a 24 hour city just because its so big ... but at night its quieter than melbourne!! ... so its true when backpackers always say that melbourne is renowned for its pub scene and cheap drinks etc ...

new years eve day we didnt end up doing muc h just bumming around the house and watching movie s... we went out to Brick lane again at night and got some indian and came home n watched the devil wears prada ..

this morning i went out and did the royal tour of london ... say bckingham palace etc etc it was another one of those free lonon tours ... its 2pm here and i just got back ... i left the tour about halfa early because its bloody freezing outside and 0 degrees and im a sook in the cold ... so icame home n made warm mushroom soup n toast for lunch yumyum ... jess and luce went to tate modern art museum this morning n will be back any minute ..

not sure what we are doing tonight .. we might have a tea party and bake heaps of yummy things!!!

thurs - tomorrow, we have a monopoly pub crawl planned ... but its meant to snow tomorrow, lightly anyway ... so if its too cold that wont go ahead

im leaving london on sat morning - flying to berlin at about 9am ... and from then on the contiki starts (berlin/prague/vienna)

loving london :)

i cant believe in o nly a month im coming home!!!!!

love u lots

Tags: Mountains

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.