Existing Member?

pillaging the village

Last few days Aux Avenieres – 26th and 27th

FRANCE | Friday, 28 December 2007 | Views [883]

 

Woke up at around 9ish on this day ...

Both parents were working this morning ...

Had breakkie with margot ...

I had nutella cereal – mm really healthy ... ive really had to adjust my eating habits here .. because the French eat smaller servings but food which is much richer and they don’t snack

So I have to eat a bowl of cereal half the size that I normally eat at home ...because nutella cereal is a lot different from weetbix hahaha ...

Just did some boring house organizing stuff that morning like wash my clothes ...

We made sandwiches n the avo for lunch and went and delivered them to parents at work ... my sandwich was camembert and mayo and tomato and salad yumyumyum ...

That avo, me maud and margot dropped the sandwiches off at the parents ... and we visited the parents at work who showed us around a bit ... NO ONE was working!!! No one at all ... everything was shut ...

Patrce explained again how the French were a bit lazy ... they weren’t very interested in being a capitalist society ... they had this idea about how one should work as little as possible ... he manages a factory that makes paint, and he says that his employees can’t work more than 36 hours a week ... but him as a manager , he is allowed to wkr more – because he is hired to do a special job and can’t leave until that job is done ... so he is always working heaps ...

He rekons that he has employees, that work there 36 hours – and then it gets to frday avo and they haven’t yet completed their work for the week – and they leave none the less!!! This much be awful for business!!!!! ... workers aren’t motivated at all by the idea of compettion = working hard = promotion!!!

Maybe this explains the shitty customer service all over france !!! job security seems so safe ... apparently sarkoszy wants to change all this ... (good on him ...)

We went shopping to chambery that afternoon to some country town shops ... the shoes were 5 euros!!! This = $8 australian dollars!!!! How cool!!!everything was soooooo cheap ... but it was also so tacky .... imagine Deborah k and central lane ... it was exactly like tha t... buti guess u are in the country ...

That avo came home and we cooked yoghurt cakes .. yum yum ...

We went out with one of mauds friends that night ... went to dinner in this place called Flunch – its like the old sizzler/ pizza hut restaurants ... a self serve kinda thing with cheapo food ... the only crap thing was desert wasn’t self serve  ... I ate plenty of veggies n salad though haha .. but all shitty boiled in water grr ... mum I am DYING for our home style veggie s...

We went bowling afterwards which was cool ... haven’t done that since I was in year 7 when me and liz went on our ‘date’ with baz and stef chelper .. haha ,,,

Its really really different here in the country sde ... because this is sort of the country side of france ... the sticks of france ...

Things are NOT open at night ... so at night you sit at home with your family and watch tv ... or read .. but my family doesn’t like reading so they sit around n watch the same TV programmes ...

Things are a lot slower too

And things are a lot prettier ...

My family seems a lot less individualistic and selfish than people in general ... im not sure if it has anything to do wth the dfference between city/country attitudes ... but my family is much more family focused ... and they are very very vcery helpful ... and things are much slower paced here ... they take a lot of time to help each other out .. for example yest my suitcase was broken because I put too much weight on the handle that drags the suitcase (I think I have more than 40kgs all up, I should have 27 OOPSY lol) and I snapped the thing cos I was taking it down the metro stairs and it was going BUMP BUMP BUMP down the stairs and my handluggage (15 kgs) was resting on it ...

Mum don’t stress its covered by warranty .. BUT THE POINT OF THE STORY IS ... that Patrice took the WHOLE thing apart .. it was like all these screws and gadets and spent 2 hours fixing it!!! In the end, it couldn’t be completely fixed because they would screw up the warranty .. but STILL!!!

And the girls always take soo much time out to help me!!! They are really lovely people all of them ...

OH AND FOUND CHERRY COKE AND COFFEE FLAVOURED COKE!!! I took pics ... we found them at the supermarket

(im going to be quick now because my comp is running out of power)

ok so now im on the home computer just before dinn finishing this blog

we watched anastasia the movie this morning n I really really really want to go to russia now*

we are meant to spend a week in italy in january BUT im going to buy the lonely planet book on russia and I might go to russia instead for a week just to moscow nst petersburg just the main cities and have a look around ... I checked out one youth hostel n it looks fun and not dangerous at all .. I read the lonely planet review online and its very very very big thunbs up to russia in winter ... and usually lonely planet is very cautious in its advice

not sure if I will end up going but im reallly desperate too!!!! its one of the places ive always wanted to visit ... whereas italy I do but im not sure why I want to visit ?? its just a place im going because everyone goes there ... whereas russia I really really xant too go ... anyw<ay im going to check it out and see what the lonley planet novel says // I will do this in england

just checked in online for myy flight to england*im leaving here tomorrow morning n flying to london from paris where lucy etc will meet me at the airport

I think me n maud might go out to a club tonight ... not sure

will write more sooon its dinner time nowwwwww

much love

Tags: Party time

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.