Existing Member?

Roadtrip Australia Drive it. Film it Win it.We're looking for 7 pairs of travellers, one for each of Australia's states, to become Van-Tastic Adventurers.

Show Us your Craic!

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 28 July 2008 | Views [2053]

John & Deirdra

John & Deirdra

John & Deidra have come from Ireland in search of some good craic in Australia, and have picked up the Ambassador van to help them in their search.

John:

3 and a half months ago I left the UK for Perth, Western Australia. Meanwhile I’d received an email from WorldNomads.com (my travel insurance company) telling that my application for the Ambassador program was pretty much a goer! – I was stoked!

I flew down to Melbourne to meet my girlfriend Deirdra, who was arriving to join me on this adventure with her new licence in hand – take some of the blame if we crash it!

Deirdra:

I am from Strabane,- a small place in Northern Ireland once voted the UK’s 3rd worst place to live, basically I don’t posses the cheesy ability to write reams of inspirational travel-hippy type stuff and would like to stand up and say- “Hello, I’m Deirdra and I’m a realist” and here be’s my blog.

I suppose I wasn’t doing anything else after graduation so I blew nearly 800 quid on a one way ticket to Melbourne, Australia- city of culture, arts and music- (And the World Nomads teeny tiny campervan!)

Anyway, so its been a great 2 days in Melbourne, perfect place to start- enough culture to keep us going but not too much drama that we’ve spoiled ourselves too early. The weather is pure Irish, the culture is pure bohemian and the wine is pure tasty- sure I could still be in Strabane if I closed my eyes.

Read John & Deirdra's journal:

Show us your Craic! -'Australia'

Ambassador

Kick start YOUR travel writing career and see a slab of Australia for free!

Tags: ambassador van, craic, road trip, world nomads

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.