Existing Member?

Peregrinations Mexico and Central America on Motorcycle: Open road, open heart, open mind.

Volcanoes, flamingoes and salt, oh my!

BOLIVIA | Friday, 4 April 2008 | Views [906]

Llamas!

Llamas!

Hey there, everyone. I just returned from a four-day three-night trip through southwestern Bolivia in a Jeep on rough backroads. It was incredible, and I can't even begin to describe it all here, so check out the pics in the new photo gallery.

Essentially, myself and Kyle teamed up with two Brits (Andina and Tom) and an Isreali guy (Niv) and loaded ourselves into the Jeep with a driver/guide and a cook, and then toured the whole area. We had a ball together, bumping through the altiplano. We were above 12,000 nearly the whole time, topping out at 15,400 feet. The food was fantastic, the cook was a charming Bolivian lady, we played lots of cards, saw lots of wildlife, and chewed lots of coca (for the altitude).

I'm now in Potosí, the highest town in the world (13,500 feet). Kyle and I just went shopping at the local market and are going back to our posh $5 hostel to cook it up! Hope you all are doing well!

About alpiner84


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.