Existing Member?

AliMareeRyan's journal

Port Hardy, Canada.

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 9 June 2013 | Views [374]

Since we stayed another night in Campbell River (going with the flow). We missed the ferry from Port Hardy to Prince Rupert!

Which wasn’t a big deal. That’s one of the best things about Canada is everyone is so chilled. Instead of having to pay for another ferry, which you would expect.  We were able to use the ones we had already, no worries about it. Now, if it had of been in Australia it would have been a different story including a late fee.

Port Hardy is a cute little town, and it was here that the days started to get longer, 10pm and you could still see clearly outside. Naturally our first instinct is to find a pub. Walking into the local watering hole it was obvious that we had travelled afar. Lugging with us giant backpacks and a small suitcase (camera gear) each. It was something out of a Wild West scene when someone walks into a bar. The music stops and everyone turns to see what the cat dragged in. That’s exactly what it was like, all eyes on the two smelly backpackers wearing sailor hats.

“Oh are you gals here for the bucks partya?”

Didn’t think we looked like strippers, but it gives you an idea of the social standard for adult entertainment in this town. I think we can safety blame the hats for this one.

Port Hardy was a place that was an important turning point for me personality. Without going into to much detail, as ill end up saying nasty things. It was a moment of absolute frustration and confusion.  It was the type of moment that changed everything for me, and put all thoughts into perspective.

Tags: body, canada, change, crazy times, cute, hardy, mind, port, pub, soul

 

About aliryan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.