Existing Member?

White Wedding

Discovering love by discovering the world

USA | Tuesday, 8 September 2015 | Views [750] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

I come from a family lacking adventurous spirits. My parents had never traveled outside of the U.S. -- with the exception of Caribbean islands for resort getaways. So, to my mother, my desire to do an alternative spring break in Jamaica (teaching schoolchildren) and a month-long journalism study abroad in Amman, Jordan, was inspiring. To my father, it was crazy. But I convinced them to let me go despite their reservations and uncertainty, and it was the best battle I ever fought.
For one, because hopefully by broadening my horizons, I can broaden theirs. But perhaps more selfishly, because those were incredible experiences that ignited a passion for travel. There's nothing more captivating than stepping into a world outside your own -- meeting new people, getting immersed in a different culture.
You should choose me because that is the opportunity you are offering and I will appreciate it with every ounce of my heart and soul. In addition to having the desire to get to know Colombia myself, I would also love to tell the story of Bogotá and its people to others, and I have the experience to do the job well. I have a thing or two to learn about film-making but I am a born storyteller. It's been a part of who I am for my whole life and in my budding career as a reporter, I excel in interviews and thrive on meeting unique people and learning new things. You should choose me because I have a lot to offer and am eager to learn more.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

Comments

1

"Discovering Love By Discovering The World"..what a great title! You had my attention before I even opened the post. Despite being so short, it is actually a very profound statement, and works as both a title, and logline within itself!

It is thought provoking to the point where my imagination began creating its own versions of what the story might be like. Great choice.

  jschiappa Sep 9, 2015 10:24 AM

About aejo1991


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.