Existing Member?

One Step At A Time Solo Travel

Face Changing

CHINA | Thursday, 2 October 2014 | Views [628]

Today I woke up late and then went upstairs to see Oscar. I've basically adopted her. I even looked up if I can take her into Canada without quarantine and I can! She's also young enough to not need vaccines and can be in the passenger cabin but inside a carry-on kennel... Of course it crossed my mind. 

I'm with Oscar right now actually. After I had chilled out on the couch talking with people I decided it was time to go taste tea. I am so caffeinated right now I probably can't sleep until 4am. I had tea for breakfast (3 cups), chocolate covered coffee beans, and tea all afternoon at this tea tasting thing down the street. I even got free samples of really expensive tea. I plan on buying some tea and mailing it home because I can't carry it with me. On top of all that I had tea at the Sichuan opera in culture park.

 

At the Sichuan opera where I splurged 200¥ for good seats and spicy dumplings, you get to see a variety of Chinese folk performances. It was awesome, colorful, and a bit funny. The finale was the face changers. I can't figure it out even when the one guy came down the aisle next to me and changed his face! They can even put faces back on when they have taken them off. It was awesome....  But I've had better tea. Haha.

 

I haven't booked my next stop yet. And because it's national week I may just have to stay in Chengdu longer. I'm OK with that anyways, Chengdu is relaxing and I love having a kitten to play with.

About adaptive


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.