Existing Member?

One Step At A Time Solo Travel

Chengdu

CHINA | Wednesday, 1 October 2014 | Views [724]

OK, several times I've tried to write about how awesome Xi'An was with the terracotta warriors and all. But I will just move on...

 

I'm in Chengdu and I saw pandas today! They have a superior zoo for them I was really impressed. However I learned more about pandas and the breeding base while in the washroom than by going around the park. I thing the panda research base has the best bathroom in all of China. Fancy Japanese toilets where the seat is warm, smelled good, clean, and soap at the sinks! Then in the lobby of the bathroom is a couch and TV with the documentary on pandas. I stayed for 20 minutes until a maintenance guy came in. It's not a highly frequented bathroom.

 

But ya pandas are cute. The hostel I'm at is Traffic Inn. They are successful but had to lease a new building and are in the middle of renovating this old hotel. I have an awesome dorm all to myself! They also took in a stray kitten. I've already bought her food and shampoo. We bathed her tonight and she had quite the amount of fleas! But all is good now. I can't wait to have a cat when I get home.

 

Tomorrow is the beginning of national week were domestic tourism is crazy! I think I will just have tea and see a Sichuan Opera. Now that I think about it, I kind of want to make a list of the best public bathrooms in the world....

 

P.S. I've been craving sweet food this week and nothing in China can do it for me. Not even the oreos because of the different recipe. Even a chocolate bar here tastes more like wax than chocolate.....  I can't wait to have PC ice cream when I get home.

Tags: awesome bathroom, kitten, pandas

About adaptive


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.