Existing Member?

One Step At A Time Solo Travel

Resting day

CHINA | Wednesday, 17 September 2014 | Views [452]

Last night myself, another couch surfer from France, and my host went out for dinner. We had Hot Pot; where the table has a gas stove in the center and you order broth that will be placed over the burners to boil. Then you order your food that will be dropped into the pot to cook and that's what you eat. Its so fun! I don't know why we don't have westernized versions of this, it's way better than sushi. We have some hot pot restaraunts but this is not well known or marketed.

 

Anyways, we walked home and I was way too tired to even talk after I hit the couch. I think this is from the accumulation of all the attractions I've been walking around and not eating as much. I don't even feel hungry some times though.

So today I slept in and even after getting dressed I was still tired and slept some more. Then I went out around 1:30 to the bank and then downtown and went to an indoor market which wasn't that good.  Now I'm back with a little cake for my host when she's done work.

 

Note: Crossing the street in China is like asking Death if it is your time to die or not. Every. Time. 

Tags: hot pot, sleep

About adaptive


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.