Existing Member?

Rider's Log : Genting Highlands

Morning Breeze

MALAYSIA | Wednesday, 14 May 2014 | Views [197] | Scholarship Entry

A typical morning at a tropical country makes you want to escape from the heat itself. So, I decided to take my bike and go up to the highlands to escape from the heat. Even the time is 6.30 am, I can still feel the heat itself. I started my bike, warming up the engine and take off.

Rather than taking the highway, I decide to take the old road. People says that the old road is quite spectacular, I decided to see for myself. It's start from Jalan Gombak, straight to Genting Sempah. The road itself through the forest. At first, I thought, it's gonna be hot, but, I was mistake. The wind itself feel so refreshing and cool. Along the road, I passed by several cyclist, cycling towards Genting Sempah. As I stop by a small waterfall to take a breath, I was stunned by the beauty of the place. It's like the place itself never been sullied by the people. The water feels cold and crystal clear. I soak my feet into it. I can feel the water flowing passed my feet.

I continued my journey. As I ride, passed by through the forest, I was dazzled by the view itself, almost making me lose my focus on riding the bike. I decided to stop at one place and take several pictures as a memento of it.

After several minutes after I started my journey, I managed to arrive at Genting Sempah. The place itself is just a place where travelers take a break. I decided to continued my journey to Genting Highlands. It seems that the journey itself is quite challenging for the first time. The road to Genting Highlands is an uphill road with almost 30 degree up. All the vehicle going up there might gonna take a lower gear to it. Even my bike cannot use more than gear 4. All the road that I taken before, I might gonna list this road as 1 of the most challenging and dangerous road. As I ride uphill, I can see the road at the foothill. It's shows how steep the hill is.

After a while, I managed to arrive at Genting Highlands. Just as people says, the place itself is just a theme park, but with the difference which is, it is built at the top of the mountain. As I ride passed through it, I saw the outside theme park, closed due to renovation. And lucky me, I managed to found Starbucks at here. As I park my bike in front of it, I went in, order a cup of cappuccino, take it outside and drink it while enjoying the view.

That was the first time I ride to Genting Highlands.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About adam-kun


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.