Existing Member?

Keeping track

August long weekend

CANADA | Sunday, 4 August 2013 | Views [345]

So I was just sorting out some biking insurance for my summer in Whistler and World Nomads offered me a chance to start a journal. Like a lot of people I've never been very good at keeping a written record of all the details of my travels, but an online journal appealed to me and so here's trying...

Its 2pm on a Saturday of a long weekend here in Whistler. Sunny, hot, breezy- no change from the scorching three weeks we've had. Being from England I didnt think I'd ever say this but COME ON RAIN! Wanderlust festival is taking place in the village- yoga mats galore. The music lineup is awesome. Saw Caravan Palace last night, a French electroswing jazz band, and Moby is playing this evening. Marchfourth marching band from Portland, Oregon surprised me with an amazing performance on a rainy Thursday evening last week and they really set the tone for the rest of the weekend- outlandish outfits and incredible, colourful performances.

I live in a holiday town where crowd-drawing events are nonstop. Dusty's are hosting the Canadian National BBQ champs this weekend and Im going to go have a taster this evening. All you can eat buffet accompanied by very talented local bands- A Whole Lotta Led were playing last night and Im sure another equally as talented band will be performing this evening. The rest of the weekend will be filled with lake time, biking, camping, partying and Im sure more music.

The other day I was showing a tourist the trail to Lost lake. As we parted I shouted out 'enjoy the rest of your holiday', he responded with an automatic 'you too!'...their holiday and my life right now gets a little difficult to differentiate.

Tags: long weekend, music, wanderlust

About abi-mckenzie-burns


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.