Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

The BIG day!

CYPRUS | Tuesday, 11 September 2007 | Views [2197] | Comments [1]

Finally the morning of the wedding arrived.  Of coure I could not sleep in and relax was too excited!  Briel and I had breakfast together and enjoyed our final moments of "not yet married". 

Was hard to be relaxed though wehen so many things seemed to be going not quite accordin to plan... My camera ran out of memory and could't download it to the Ipod... I could't track down Cleston fast enough to get him to do the organising of people at the wedding... My Mom forgot to bring my veil (she was in near tears, but luckily my Dad was still at his hotel to go grab it and Mom didn't ruin her makeup after all...! ).. They got our flowers orders wrong... Forgot to apply lipstick... My dress needed a quick ironing... The Cyprus wedding officials were late...

But after all the crazy running around, we all walked down the aisle with grace (I hope) to the music Briel's father composed (his version of Ave Maria).  Our wedding overlooked the beach in the resort gardens.  We had a pretty white choopa (Jewish little tent thingy) and chairs with a red carpet.  It was pretty and romantic.  Most importantly "intimate".

Briel said his vows first which made my knees weak, then for my turn of the vows, I had so much emotion that I couldn't help but say them with tears of joy.  TO kiss him as my husband for the first time was indeed magic.  I didn't know it could feel so sweet.

we then had a great surprise for Briel at the Cocktail reception, there were speeches from Michelle, Limor, Dad, Izhar... A song from Guy his nephew, a dance for Loli his niece, a comic romantic poem from Cleston.  The magic though was when Briel father (Yacov) brought everyone to tears when playing the trumpet - his own composed music.  He was a genius and sensational.  Again I cried.  Everyone cried.  Every emotion was in that piece and we felt it all in our minds, body and hearts.

Later we then turned an intimate relaxed dinner into a crazy party - well do you expect less when you mix - Brazilians-Argentinians-Aussies-Israelis- who are known for their wildness...  Plus we had Americans, British, Dutch, Spainish... it was a united nations crazy love parade!  We had a ball and we have the crazy pictures to proove it!

We congo lined, we were up in the chairs, dancing samba, dirty dancing, disco, greek circles.. what didn'r we do~?!?  The champange, wines, beers were flowing... Oh what a night..

I kinda felt sorry for the wedding around the corner which was very elgantly quiet but had to deal with our happy singing!

Of course not everyone I loved most in the world was there - but it came as close as possible to it.  To quote my father "I truly believe that this wedding is heaven blessed"  -- I surely felt it was.

Tags: Hallmark Moments

Comments

1

Hi Mary

Congrats on the wedding. Have been reading your blog .. you have been busy. Such great news .. glad to hear you are so happy.

Marie

  Marie Oct 22, 2007 10:04 AM

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cyprus

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.