Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

Happy August Sweets Day!

JAPAN | Monday, 16 August 2010 | Views [2273]

Megumi, Hiromi, Maki and I had a wonderful August Sweets Day!  Our sweet of choice this month: an assortment of muffins - blueberry, craisin, and banana nut!

It's always interesting having four of us cooking in my kitchen at one time.  I'm very grateful for all the counter space!

Maki was in charge of the banana nut muffins.  They were also our experiment.  We used the same base recipe from the craisin muffins but instead of craisins, added finely chopped fresh banana and walnuts.  Turned out very yummy! 

Hiromi took on the craisin muffins.  (These are one of my absolute favorite muffins!)

And Megumi made the delicious blueberry muffins.

It's always a treat to get together with these girls.  We have so much fun practicing our Japanese and English skills, talking about what we've been baking, and laughing with each other!

Three dozen muffins cooling on the counter.

And, of course, no Sweets Day is complete without the bakers sampling their sweets!

A positively delicious Sweets Day!  :)

---Arielle

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.