Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

AnAn House of Barbeque

JAPAN | Monday, 29 March 2010 | Views [1029] | Comments [2]

Brandon, expert griller.

Brandon, expert griller.

We finally found a patio table on OYS so we can enjoy meals (and our laptops) outdoors!  This post is not about that, though.  :)  The night we picked up our patio set, we were starving and stopped at a restaurant near Hamby Town.  We thought "AnAn House of Barbeque" had a nice ring to it.  Little did we know we were in for our first yakiniku experience on-island.

Our word for the day is "yakiniku."  Yakiniku means "grilled meat."  :)  After we were seated at a table, a server brought us a mini contained campfire topped with a gridiron.  (Yup, Pennsylvania born-and-raised, can't you tell?)  She also turned the hood on above us to remove any smoke.  We started off with a positively delicious thinly sliced beef in a wonderful marinade as an appetizer while we looked through their extensive menu options.  


We tried the shrimp, which came completely in-shell.  I was tempted to chase Brandon around the table with the little guys as I peeled them.  I know, I know, I can peel shrimp without problem, but there are days I can't stand to wash gooey dishes.  I'm just odd like that.  :)

We also tried thinly sliced and slightly salted beef tongue.  We both enjoyed cooking on the gridiron.

Brandon paused long enough to show off a piece of the delicious dinner.

I somehow managed to forget to take a picture of the "mini hamburgers" that finished off our meal.  (I think I was just too tired at that point.)  While they looked more like tiny sausage patties and had the taste of neither a hamburger or sausage, they were quite good.  Overall, we enjoyed having an interactive dinner and loved the food!  We'll definitely go back and look for other yakiniku restaurants to try!

---Arielle

Comments

1

Brandon uses a straw with his beer??

  Amy Mar 30, 2010 2:27 AM

2

Aunt Amy,

You definitely made us laugh! That's actually tea this time. They just served both of our drinks in the steins. So, no, Brandon doesn't use a straw with his beer, just his tea. :)

Love you,
Arielle

  abcarlson Mar 30, 2010 7:34 AM

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.