Existing Member?

The Country Mouse

3rd September. Day 2

MALAYSIA | Friday, 4 September 2015 | Views [298]

As predicted I had a nice sleep in Ipoh but my clock told me it was time to pack up and head over to the Cameron Highlands. A quick dash to the bus station and I hopped on board the 116 to the bus station I arrived at yesterday where I was met with a wall of travellers (where had they been?) formally making a queue for some breakfast. 

I got on the bus to the Highlands and yet again it was me and a group of locals (Where is everyone?). A 2 hour bus ride on some twisty and turny roads made me feel a little sick but luckily we pulled into the station just before I wanted to be sick. My first impression was that Tanah Rata was not dissimilar to a small seaside town. A row of shops with their wire shelves holding rubber flip flops, cheap clothes and strawberry souveniers. I found the hosel I wanted with ease checked in and headed out to check the town out.

I grabbed a late lunch from a local cafe and found a lovely little tearoom (Our Lords Cafe) selling the local strawberry tea. It smelled fantastic yet didn't hold much taste, the table next to me ordered strawberry scones and I got a bit jealous. 

I decided to return to the hostel for a lie down and. I met one of my roommate, Joyce from Holland. She heard of Keswick and so we went out for some food and a chat. The Malaysians seem to love Indian food, it's literally everywhere, cheap and very very good! I had the veg curry with a roti. 

We went back to the hostel and I met the other girl from Aus. Unfortunately it began to rain meaning my allergy started giving me the jip so it was another early night for me!

Tags: strawberries, tanah rata

About abbehorrod


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.