Existing Member?

Anna's Amazing Adventures

Initial thoughts on Sydney

USA | Monday, 15 December 2014 | Views [610]

The drive from Sydney was interesting. I got lost. A lot. What should have been a 3 hour drive turned into about. 4.75 hour drive to drop my car off. I was hoping to go to a market before giving my car back, but alas the market gods were not in my favor. And apparently the GPS gods weren't either. Australia and the GPS makers need to sit down and have a chat because they are on two separate planets and this poor American got hopelessly lost. If you were in the wrong lane, you ended up on the other side of the city before you even realized your mistake. Once the car was ditched, I grabbed the train into the CBD and to my hotel. It's a nice studio, with wifi, laundry and a full kitchen. So, after 20 minutes of reading directions, I figured out the washing machine and in the process I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW LIGHTS WORK!!! So if you've missed my tweets or other posts, I've had a rough go of figuring out lights in my hotel rooms, specifically the bathroom. I learned, you put your key card in this slot thing and BOOM! Lights. I mean really guys, this was not clear at all and in my 2nd week, I literally stumbled on it while trying to do laundry....figures. Well, I figured it out now. Currently doing some much needed laundry, watching the semi-finals for the w-league (women's Australian soccer) it's Canberra vs Melbourne and one of my favorite American players is on Canberra and this may be her last ever game, so of course I tuned in. Also, I found the Australian verison of seamless and I love it! I'm doing that tonight. Tomorrow is going to be a day of markets, beaches and possibly kayaking the harbor...depends on what times it is at. 

Tags: australia, sydney, travel

About aamato20

Volunteering at Lollapalooza in Chicago, IL

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.