Existing Member?

Travels around the world

Kelowna & Big White

CANADA | Saturday, 8 November 2008 | Views [575]

Its been a while since I last posted, but it has been absolutely amazing.

After leaving Vancouver I came to Kelowna, the major town outside of Big White. I only ended up staying there for a few days as a group of 6 that I met in the hostel ended up getting a house for the season up at Big White pretty quickly. 

The place we are staying in has three bedrooms and a nice big hot-tub - awesome when ure in it and there is snow outside!!!

I've also started working. I am the Big White Ski Resort receptionist. It's a pretty cool job, im inside, working with really nice people and I'm getting to know the ins and outs of the resort that I otherwise wouldn't have had the chance to. 

It's already started snowing which is a really good sign. It looks like the opening of the season still won't be until 27th November, but the hype is certainly building. 

It's still a bit quiet in the village with not many people around, but its starting to build. We now have 2pubs open (lol), the general store and one retail store - you can see where the priorities lie.

But so far everything is going really well. Starting work at 8am in the morning means I'm getting to see the sun rise, which as bad as it sounds gives actually some of the best views around. Walking up the hill to the village to work is hard, but turning around and seeing the view is worth it. We had a big dump of snow on Tuesday then Wednesday had clear blue skys - it was spectacular and something I'll never forget. 

I've posted photos up on facebook. The link is: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=68630&l=ba5f7&id=534550863 which has the first lot of photos from Big White.

Hope everything is going well for everyone.

Speak soon

Cheers

AJ

Tags: big white

 

About a_jacob


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.