Existing Member?

The Long & Winding Road

Hangin in Saigon and Mui Ne

VIETNAM | Friday, 9 January 2009 | Views [785]

So the past 3 days were spent in Saigon.  We went to a really cool museum called the War Remnants Museum which basically outlines all the atrocities of the U.S. soldiers from the American War which is what they call it over here.  Incredible photos and artifacts from the war though.  We also went to the Reunification Palace which was cool as well.  It used to be the main building of the South Vietnamese government before the war was over.  It was also the sight of where the North Vietnamese tanks broke through the gates to take control of Saigon and declare the war over.  Next stop was a town called Mui Ne.  The bus ride there was crazy as usual.  Our bus driver must have used his horn like a thousand times in a 5 hour drive and I'm not even exagerrating.  The horn is everyone's best friend in Vietnam.  It is also so annoying when you are in the bus though.  Completely unnecessary but I guess thats how drivers roll over here.  Today we checked out the beach in Mui Ne.  I've never seen so many kitesurfers in one place in my life.  It looked really fun so we enquired about some lessons.  It was crazy expensive at $250 US for a 5 hour lesson, so we just swam in the hugest waves, getting battered, and then relaxed on the beach to ease our pain.  Really fun night out at the Wax Club during the evening though.

Tags: i hate horns so much!

About a_hayes11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.