Existing Member?

Explore.Dream.Discover 2012

29th March 2012 - Pokhara, Nepal

NEPAL | Thursday, 29 March 2012 | Views [832]

Our first days in Kathmandu have been great... Sophia has realised why I love this city so much...  we've explored the amazing sites and walked up to the Monkey Temple that overlooks they whole city which is truly spectacular.  We've eaten local food including momos (like dim sum) and bartered to our hearts content! Sophia eventually found a bright pink waterproof cover for her rucksack, despite my protest that such a ridiculous thing would simply not be manufactured in any country, not even Nepal...proving that this really is the outdoor hub of the world.  Next stop a 7hour jouney to Pokhara....cutting through some amazing mountain scenery and some scary roads!
We arrived yesterday morning and met an American guy called Russell, who seemed pretty cool so we've been spending some time with him.  
Today was a great day.  Soph and I woke up and went for a run along a beautiful lake, then ate breakfast prior to our paragliding trip we had booked yesterday.  We took a 30 minute trip to the top of a small mountain perched at 2000m and overlooked Pokhara, the lake and the amazing mountains in the distance.  Within minutes we were both airborne and had a truly spectacular 60minute ride high above the city and lake.  It was quite amazing.  We then met Russell by the lake where we hired a small boat and fishing rod.   Sophia collected some Nepali rum and some small crustations from the shoreline to use as bait...and we headed off into the distance.... Music playing, tranqil views and a few beads of sunlight breaking through the cloud... Perfect!!! 
Unfortunately my inability to catch any fish is still ongoing, and despite Russells expertise still no luck!  We found a quiet spot, parked up and took a dip in the lake, it was beautiful.
We  visited a small temple on a tiny island in the centre of the lake, and after 3 hours headed to get some dinner, ruining our original plan of cooking any fish we caught by the lake! Next time!!  A great day overall

Tags: city

 

About OandSoph


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.