Existing Member?

Explore.Dream.Discover 2012

26th March 2012 - Kathmandu - Nepal a spiritual home

NEPAL | Monday, 26 March 2012 | Views [792]

In Nepal, Kathmandu... Woohoo!!!
Our journey from Varkala began with a tuktuk ride to the train station, followed by a one hour ride to Trivandrum (a place that has a much longer and completely unpronounceable name).  There we caught a domestic flight to Delhi via a stop in Kochi.  We hadnt eaten for several hours and Sophia as always spotted a fast food joint just outside the airport, serving burger and chips!!  We just couldnt resist, and in typical pathetic western fashion we embarrassingly ordered enough for 3 people... and proceeded to scoff our faces in front of staring locals... At that point a 'we love USA' cap would have topped it all off. ..
We stayed overnight on the Delhi airport floor, and waited for our flight to Kathmandu the following morning. 
We arrived the following afternoon to the amazing city, and immediately felt sense of calmness and peace despite the bustling tiny streets, lined with so many  outdoor gear shops that that my eyes were almost popping out. Love it!! A budget hotel took us 2 minutes to find and at £3.50 a night it was perfect (apart from the absent electrify and running water of course!).  The fun begins!

Tags: on the road

About OandSoph


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.